Acekard 2i language fix released

klopfdreh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also have HWID 44 and I think it will take some time until it will be released for that hwid, but thats only my opinion.

@ jonjon95 The file is a nds file and it updates the hardware, so you don't have to switch to the original firmware I think.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
klopfdreh said:
@ jonjon95 The file is a nds file and it updates the hardware, so you don't have to switch to the original firmware I think.

That's what I thought. Just didn't wanna send out the wrong idea to other people.

~ Jon

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm not very familiar with the whole thing. I just got my card today. But I have AKAIO on my card and I can start it perfectly. Lauching homebrew with it works fine, too. Launching commercial games with it however doesn't work for me. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or if it's because of the firmware. As I said: I just got my card today and am not familiar with AKAIO.

klopfdreh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@RPG Hacker: try to download the last loader for acekard2i - only search for loaders in the acekard forum. Thats the most common reason why some games doesn't work. I'm happy to use homebrew because thats the only reason for me, why I bought the card. I love to sit on the couch and talking to others within the quakenet via irc!
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
shaun: thanks for posting the news!

@jonjon95: this update overwrites the actual game they are using, which is stored on the cart, and allows the kit to boot on the dsi. this is the known way to exploit the dsi into running a flash kit, and currently the only publicly released method. by updating you are doing nothing to the kit in regards to the firmware. you are only changing the bootloader area. this means that you can run any firmware you choose, be it akaio, the official or jonjon95OS.

i was told by team acekard that the update WILL brick your kit if your ds loses power. the update only takes .5-3 seconds (depending), so as long as you are in the green you should not have anything to worry about. there is a tool being worked on for the hwid 44 kits, which are the new/recent "dsi sticker" release of the ak2i. it should also be released as an nds file, so keep your update eyes glued to the acekard homepage.

-another world

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
@jonjon95: this update overwrites the actual game they are using, which is stored on the cart, and allows the kit to boot on the dsi. this is the known way to exploit the dsi into running a flash kit, and currently the only publicly released method. by updating you are doing nothing to the kit in regards to the firmware. you are only changing the bootloader area. this means that you can run any firmware you choose, be it akaio, the official or jonjon95OS.
Ah ! at last i have an answer to my question. Thanks Another World to have clarified this point.
So here, we have a bootloader update.
cool.gif

chocolatbomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried the update, and it works
biggrin.gif
. It was really fast, and I was afraid to turn off my DS when it said "reboot DS" because I was afraid it wasnt really done o.o

Strangely enough, my acekard's HWID is 81 even though it's part of the "new batch" (no bump).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
it could be that the retailer had more boxes than cards, due to sending broken kits back. acekard usually replaces just the card, its much cheaper to ship. it could be that acekard put in the older card into the new box. when the ak 2.1 was released in the box people were still receiving the old *fixed* ak2. my point is that one would expect the new box to house the new kit, but you can't expect anything like that from acekard =P.

-another world

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
still no fix for hw 44.
seems the acekard team is unable to handle their own hardware.

wouldnt care about that poor supported card anyway if it wasnt for akaio.

saulopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have a strange issue with a brand new ak2i hw81 applied the patch to.

the card plays homebrew very well but stalls when booting any commerical rom.

could it be that card was strangely broken just before or a problem with the patch?

update: workign now, required me a reinstall with the "repack proper" akaio

nuke888

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have now 2 Acekard DSi one HW 81 the other HW 44.I did updated the 81 one (m still on a dslite)
But since I have to sell one I do wonder whats the best to keep for me...
Are there some differences that may matter ? I want to keep for me the very best,even if I should eventually to wait a little more for the HW44 update (m not planning to buy a Dsi soon)
Some guru out there has the answers ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1