Hacking Acekard 2i not working on my DSiXL

EllyWhite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I don't wanna be a pest, but is there a way that Akaio can be patched to 1.4 without a DSL? Like, is it possible to have the necessary file(s) patched then uploaded somewhere? I don't have access to a DSL and don't know anyone who does...

Bigska

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
epicCreations.org said:
EllyWhite said:
Hullo everyone ^^

So I got my DSi XL today... I have an Acekard 2i that was running smoothly on my regular DSi (which broke when my cousin dropped it in the toilet...), but now when I try to load it it's giving me that error message that tells you to shut off the system and consult the system's operations manual. Please help... I put Akaio 1.5.1 onto it this afternoon but have no way of knowing if it works... the thing has worked perfectly since I got it early last year and this is the first time I've had real trouble with it. I keep getting the message and it won't go away... any suggestions? Thanks
smile.gif
On my sisters normal DSi, you need to pull the cartridge out just a little to get the contacts to work properly.

Haha after dismissing this comment yesterday, I tried it and it worked! Sometimes pulling out is good!...... ahem.(hehehe)

decept

Trophies
Website
www.decept.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to buy a DSi XL and currently have a AceKard 2i that I plan on using on it. I've gathered that I need to flash it before it can be used on the XL and therein lies my question.

How do I 'flash' the hardware? I downloaded the file posted earlier but it doesn't say anything in the readme about flashing. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
so i got a few ak2is and they dont seem to work on the dsi xl.they show the danny phantm icon for a second and then it dissapears. all have been updated with the latest update file. all can run akaio 1.6 just fine. they all work on dsi, just not on dsi XL. very very strang problem. the funny thing is my old ak2i's work fine on the dsixl. its just the new ones that had to updated with the new update file that are having problems.

i think this problem will come out more once people with newer ak2is get their dsi XL

joe_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retiredjerk said:
so i got a few ak2is and they dont seem to work on the dsi xl.they show the danny phantm icon for a second and then it dissapears. all have been updated with the latest update file. all can run akaio 1.6 just fine. they all work on dsi, just not on dsi XL. very very strang problem. the funny thing is my old ak2i's work fine on the dsixl. its just the new ones that had to updated with the new update file that are having problems.

i think this problem will come out more once people with newer ak2is get their dsi XL

I think some of the 2i's have contact issues. Some peeps slip paper on top of the cart to make it more tight fitting. There's a thread here somewhere about it....

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah but it happened on every new ak2i with hw id 8181 i believe..very veyr odd
. you actually see the icon appear for a second and then it dissapears

damingraham

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of making a new thread ill piggyback in this one.
Same question as OP.
Use a DS lite to run one of the files here, and it should work fine on the DSi XL.
Tried that and it brought up the Danny Phantom icon just briefly using one of those, the other update file did nothing.
The Danny Phantom would quickly disapear most of the tries and when it didn't I got a black screen error when trying to load it.
My DSiXL is on 1.4.1

What can i try next?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then...