Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Acekard RPG loader 4.04 released
Download play fixes
acekardrpg.gif

The Acekard team have released a new loader for the Acekard RPG that fixes "most" download play issues. It is unsure what games have been fixed and what still do not work. Strangely you must enable 'single card play' from the menu to use download play with problem games as it seems that the fix also creates compatibility issues.

[title:changelog]
changelog said:
What's new

Fixed most single card donwload play issues.

Enter menu of AK RPG and press "start". Then select "Special" and enable "Single card play".
A few games maybe still has some problem of single card download play or even can¡¯t run. Please report to us and disable this feature to run it.

Please use these files and diretory to replace the old ones directly.

Thank you.

Thanks to gratefulbuddy on the forums for the heads up. You can download the latest update as ever from the GBAtemp download center below:

download.gif
Download

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's it? "Most"? Wow I was kinda hoping to see soft reset. Whats open source again?

Basically, it's the code that lets you change the Loader/Firmware.

You can customize/change it to your liking. And I think this part of the AKRPG failed...
~Nero

They probably thought at least one person would make an alternative loader. But as you can see....

Yep, I can see.
nyanya.gif

I'm glad I didn't buy the AKRPG when the opportunity presented itself.

~Nero

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its dumb that you have to hit a button to enable download play. Why did they take their idea from supercard?
I'm sure if they completely fix download play they wouldn't need to do this. Some wouldn't like not being able to play a game at all just because of one of its features isn't working.

I still really want this card even with the lack of certain features. I've been meaning to get a slot-1 card for a while now but I have been waiting for this one. I need something a little prettier because I'm tired of looking at my ugly M3 miniSD in my DS Lite. I think I'm now finally going to buy one once the one place that's selling them has it back in stock.

D

Deleted User

I don't think the opensource side of this is of nouse, I know cracker is working on this (didn't he has added the cheat support system), and I'll start working on it as soon as my dev sample gets here. Being opensource doesn't mean "fork" it could mean that acekard team being nice it's much better to have them officialy take your modification. Not because we want to work for them for free but just because only one firmware is more noob-proof.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
I'm glad I didn't buy the AKRPG when the opportunity presented itself.
And eaven if it haven't soft resed, im planning to buy it, why? sdhc, 1gb flash memory accesable via cable,
and most of all : For me it has best looking shell on the market. (Silly me just wanting to buy something because it looks pretier outside
wacko.gif
biggrin.gif
).

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
replace akmenu.nds with dsorganise and bam! a homebrew loader. lol.

actually, i saw some chinese guy made a small source change for a small cheat code modification or something on some forum i was reading, but it was too hard to understand via google translate and he didn't compile it, just provided the code.

haha.

D

Deleted User

about the source code issue on acekard forum :
daveps said:
Could you please upload latest AK RPG source code to the website.
Certain websites have been bad mouthing AK for being slow to do this.
acekard said:
We'll release the source code for sure. And we plan to do so when we reach a milestone.

And please help us to explain it to the "certain websites". Thank you.
daveps
Mainly on the gbatemp forums, people grumbling like they do...

Is this what we seem like to the outside world ? grumbling people ?
On this topic I've received my sample yesterday and there's a lot of place for improvement. To start with it the Makefile have to fixed to compile under unix. From now I'm doing a fork based on 4.0.2 to add features. I'll hope 4.0.4 is not too far from it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo