Activision Announce New Spyro Skylanders Game, Skylanders Giants

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
LOL@People who are butthurt because the game uses a clever add-on as a part of its gameplay mechanics making it unpiratable.

As far as I remember the game is a best-seller at the moment, so it comes as no suprise that there will be a sequel. If "kids fork out" gajizillions of dollars yearly for the latest revision of iCrap then they can just as well buy figures that not only work in-game but are actually collectibles aswell.

I always found the concept of this game to be pretty cool, it reminds me of those card games in japan that use microchips in the cards - collect the cards, go to an arcade, use those cards to play cool video games with your custom-built deck. Awesome.

Gamefreak should do the same with a Pokemon game for Wii U.
Just no...
The toys really kill it, all those characters should be collective-ables in the game.

It would be awesome to see a real Spyro on the wii u tho.
Uhm...

You're a few years late, both of you.

[yt]CAMLALuyfu0[/yt]

Reactions: 1 person

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL@People who are butthurt because the game uses a clever add-on as a part of its gameplay mechanics making it unpiratable.

As far as I remember the game is a best-seller at the moment, so it comes as no suprise that there will be a sequel. If "kids fork out" gajizillions of dollars yearly for the latest revision of iCrap then they can just as well buy figures that not only work in-game but are actually collectibles aswell.

I always found the concept of this game to be pretty cool, it reminds me of those card games in japan that use microchips in the cards - collect the cards, go to an arcade, use those cards to play cool video games with your custom-built deck. Awesome.

Gamefreak should do the same with a Pokemon game for Wii U.
Just no...
The toys really kill it, all those characters should be collective-ables in the game.

It would be awesome to see a real Spyro on the wii u tho.
Uhm...

You're a few years late, both of you.

[yt]CAMLALuyfu0[/yt]

Foxi4, what is the name of the game?

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i look forward to this i bought the 3ds version and downloaded the wii version the game is actually pretty solid only problem is its really hard to find the toys as there is a huge demand for them right now and activision cant meet that demand hence people are selling the figures for outrages prices on ebay and amazon.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK let me rephrase that a Wii U game like the GBA/NDS Pokemon games with the Skylander's concept.

Because I didn't already feel ripped off enough having to buy two Pokemon games just to have access to all the creatures? Now I have to buy one game and tons of expensive figurines?

The Skylander's thing is purely to sell toys. It's a retarded concept. Plus it just beats on Spyro even further, to think he went from a platforming icon to essentially a giant virtual billboard to sell toys.

Spyro died after the 2nd Spyro game.

Year of the Dragon is one of the greatest platformers in existence.

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Watching classic games like Spyro, Rayman, and Crash Bandicoot getting maimed and destroyed is really, really heartbreaking.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New details, if anybody is interested (from http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/preview/30715)

Eight Giants (one from each element, $14.99 each)
Eight Light Core Skylanders (four new Skylanders, four reposed, $11.99 each; when summoned for the first time in a level they do a flash attack which is similar to when a skylander levels up)

Eight New Skylanders (one from each element, retailing for $9.99 each)
24 Reposed Figures ($9.99 each; each has 1 new ability that old versions cant access)
New Battle Mode (Ring Out)
All Skylanders (even old ones) can go up to level 15
Normal Pack - 74.99 (Tree Rex, Cynder v2, Vac Eagle (Wii) / Pop Fizz (3DS); Upgrade Pack 59.99 - Only Tree Rex + Game

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, 12 and 15 for light up and giants is a bit steep. So far from strategic buying and selling on Ebay/Gamestop my investment is only at 105$ total for a preatty good collection. So I might have to wait to do the same thing for this new game.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watching classic games like Spyro, Rayman, and Crash Bandicoot getting maimed and destroyed is really, really heartbreaking.
I think the Rayman reboot was pretty good. It was hard to get everything but was fairly easy to just beat. Crash Bandicoot and Spyro just went downhill but still sold fairly well. Well Crash might be dead after all Activision stopped Radical Entertainment from going any further on the next game or are waiting for Spyro to start failing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo