Add a Credit Card to your Japanese PSN Account

Since already I went to the trouble to take pictures and translate some screens in this thread, I figured this should have its own tutorial.

FAQ

Q: Will PSN Japan even accept credit cards from outside of Japan?
A: Yes, it works. They accept Visa and MasterCard for sure. I haven't tried any others, but if anyone else comments with helpful info, I'll add it to this FAQ.

Q: Why should I add a credit card to my Japanese PSN account?
A: A lot of websites tell you how to add funds to your PSN Wallet, but they all involve buying Japanese PSN cards from various places online. If you link your credit card to your Japanese PSN account, you cut out the middlemen who jack up the prices of these PSN cards. It's cheaper (and faster) to link your credit card.

Q: This tutorial assumes I already have a Japanese PSN account. How do I set one up in the first place?
A: There are tons of tutorials that tell you how to do this. This is just one of the first results that came up when I searched for it. I created my Japanese PSN account ages ago, and at the time I didn't think to take pictures of the step-by-step process. In the future I'll create another account and take pictures and post fully-translated screenshots here.

Q: Can I redeem US/EU PSN card codes to charge my PSN Wallet in my Japanese account?
A: Good question. I'll get back to you on that.

Q: How can I help expand this tutorial?
A: If you would be willing to take pictures of your screen while navigating your Japanese PSN account and post them here, I will be more than happy to translate them and integrate them into this FAQ. Right now this is just a "How-to-Add-Your-Credit-Card-to-your-Japanese-PSN-Account" tutorial, but I would love to expand this into a comprehensive FAQ about the Japanese PSN.

Add a Non-Japanese Credit Card to your Japanese PSN Account

:arrow: Album Link

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I have a Japanese account. it's not hard to make one, but I don't know about payment options. my ps4 is a Japanese unit actually. I made a Japanese account to get this really shitty dragon quest theme, when we could exploit anything above 4.05. huge mistake, but at least I'm on 5.05 now. I recently changed my Japanese account's email address to make that one my main account's. iirc, it asks for your birth date, if you can't read Japanese.
Yeah I have a JPN PSN account. Just that I cant add my NA Paypal or CC to it. I guess only PSN Codes from PlayAsia will do it then.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival