Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
RchUncleSkeleton said:
So I guess the only real advantage, for me at least, are the 2 or 3 DSiWare games that are actually worth a crap, one of which has already been WiiWare for a while now. If I do get a new flash card it'll be either the AK 2i or the DSTWO.

What?

A lot of DSiWare titles are brilliant.

http://dsiware.nintendolife.com/games?sort=rating

Just because you can't afford them doesn't make them bad, you know...
blush.gif

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
]
In case you hadn't noticed, a DSi hardware limitation is that the SD card slot can't be read from once the code to start slot-1 has been executed.

And DSiWare hasn't been hacked.
Uhhh, I was referring to not owning a DSi....the only reason I could see for getting one are the few DSiWare games that are actually good.

QUOTE(Etalon @ Dec 19 2010, 09:08 PM) What?

A lot of DSiWare titles are brilliant.

http://dsiware.nintendolife.com/games?sort=rating

Just because you can't afford them doesn't make them bad, you know...
blush.gif

I can afford them fine, I don't own a DSi because I don't see the point....I refuse to pay for crap software that was slapped together in an afternoon or two. I've literally only seen 3 DSiWare titles that peaked my interest at all and I'm not going to buy a new system just for those.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
RchUncleSkeleton said:
I can afford them fine, I don't own a DSi because I don't see the point....I refuse to pay for crap software that was slapped together in an afternoon or two. I've literally only seen 3 DSiWare titles that peaked my interest at all and I'm not going to buy a new system just for those.

You know: When you don't even own a DSi: Why are you posting about the quality of DSiWare or even a DSi flash linker then?
moogle.gif

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
You know: When you don't even own a DSi: Why are you posting about the quality of DSiWare or even a DSi flash linker then?
moogle.gif
If you took the time to actually read my original post you wouldn't be asking this question....anyway, yeah I don't own one but I have played DSi's many times and have tried out enough DSiWare titles to know what I like. The real question is why do you see the need to post such a useless response, I mean I see you post in almost every topic I've read...are you racing to get a ton of post counts or what?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Sloshy said:
Um... I might be wrong, but wasn't this exactly what they originally saidNo.
http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl
It says right there that they will have SD access, when it turns out they won't.

It also says they'll run DSi ROMs eventuaklly, but this news post shows they have 0% progress on that (and they don't even have NAND access at all, let alone the ability to run DSiWare).

QUOTE(iFish @ Dec 19 2010, 11:18 PM) You guys seem to have forgotten how the Supercard DSTWO didn't have all its features on day one.

This card needs time to grow.
Incorrect parallel. While the DSTwo's features weren't released at the start, they WERE in-progress and were always possible.

Here, less than half the DSi features have no progress at all, and it's not even possible to do them with this cart.

That's a far cry from the original impression people got, thus this clarification news post.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
files running on the ismart mm/scds2 have a 50% data throughput loss from cpu-to-msd-to-slot1. i've talked to a few developers who have run test, and each confirmed this. homebrew running in dsi mode will be better, faster, and have more potential no matter how you look at it. the nand and sd slot are physically not available after anything runs in slot-1. in regards to dsi-ware, i say who cares. with everything we can already pirate, why are people so upset about having to buy a few dsi-ware titles. dsi roms will come eventually as people want this feature, i wouldn't be suprised if cyclops didn't have them working by the time the kit ships next month.

i'm still excited for this card and others should be as well. the only problem, as i see it, is getting developers interested in coding/porting dsi homebrew. offering a $50 flash kit isn't going to be enough, its time they step up and start paying for development.

-another world

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
It's actually annoying to buy some DSiWare titels for a second time if you have both a DSi and a DSi XL.

Anyway, most titles are cheap. It's still cheaper to buy the ten best DSiWare titles than buying a CycloDSi.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Toa_235 said:
lol
lying bastards wanted to sell as much as they can in the Tempmas season ..

I don't think that this is the case, as the cart production and release has already been delayed till January. I think that they just wanted to get us hyped.

ultimate.fake.ac

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSi Homebrew could have some potential. But the way things are looking I don't know how many will be making for it. The only way this would be worth it to me is if they somehow got themselves a serious homebrew scene. I don't even have my fingers crossed though.
closedeyes.gif

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why am I not surprised from this at all? And now, there's no point of it at all because...all it does is give access to the DSi's special stuff. RAM? Not really needed, and if it's software-enabled, it'll hit the SCDSTWO eventually. The cameras? Come on. Who doesn't have a phone with at least something of a camera? The ONLY thing I can see the homebrew being at all useful for is, honestly, playing ones you bought from the SD card slot. That'd be legitly useful.

And watch the price of this by skyhigh. They tried to garner hype over stuff they didn't have, the truth was found, and now watch em fall again. Also cements me getting a SCDSTWO. Unless I get a new phone that can play GBA better then it can...

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
DSi homebrew might still be interesting if developers actually get on board. But I was already expecting no DSiware support and things like that.

Good thing expectations are cleared up regarding DSi enhanced games and DSiware. It might still be a good card, but I'm very happy with others like the DSTwo and Acekard 2i.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
Biased and critically negative article. To me it gives an impression of GBAtemp running a SCDS2 factory in its basement.

See how many people have cursed Team Cyclops in this entire thread after reading this article? So, the article well served its purpose?

Seriously though, does it matter if a card is released a bit later? Look at some of the things below:

1. Homebrew bounty
2. GBAtemp T-shirts
3. Tempmas 2009 Prizes

I can't think anymore on the top of my head at the moment, but did these things happened exactly at the same time as scheduled. I hope, it's clear what I am saying though my post. Please don't be judgemental towards something which has no official words yet. Let it release and criticize it as much you want. Let's wait for its release.

After all, you sure don't want me posting things about Tempmas 2010 such as, "Participants don't be surprised if you win and don't receive your prizes because that's what happened last year, unfortunately." It will surely be against the spirit.

For the records, I personally don't like Team Cyclops' previous card for its high price and lack of support for a quite sometime.

Please don't remove my post, I don't intend it as an offense to anyone.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think wintermute should ask for a sample as it will only run homebrews in dsi mode.
wink.gif

About dsiware, why are we talking about that here ?
TC never claimed the iEVO will run them, right ?
unsure.gif

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing bias here
what he is saying has been confirmed by hombrew developers and even resellers
QUOTE said:
We have received a few new elements of information from resellers and hackers who have participated in the CycloDS iEvolution project
I doubt costello would post anything without confirming it first

I hope this ends the stupid fanboy war that has been going on for the past few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A