Age of Empires 2 HD coming to Steam! April 9

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the original game doesn't support widescreen resolutions or anything over 1280x1024...
Now I love AOE with all my heart, AOE 2 is perhaps my most played game of all time, but this is just a cash-in. There are mods and patches that allow this $10 (if that) game to be played in 1080p.
All bitching aside, I will buy this :D

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
It's not so much the HD that's pulling me in, it's the freakin steam workshop and multiplayer. I dare say that this is a genius way of making a quick buck for microsoft without actually spending too much resources all while still not being just a rerelease of the same game

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's not so much the HD that's pulling me in, it's the freakin steam workshop and multiplayer. I dare say that this is a genius way of making a quick buck for microsoft without actually spending too much resources all while still not being just a rerelease of the same game
This, completely this. My friend says it's already working btw, he's playing it right now he claims.....

Still have it, able to sell it to you for 14 USD!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I would honestly wait til they sort out some of the issues plaguing the "HD" release. Huge ping issues, constant lag in multiplayer, random people joining private games and also some of the issues that were present in the old game are all making it less enjoyable than it could be.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would honestly wait til they sort out some of the issues plaguing the "HD" release. Huge ping issues, constant lag in multiplayer, random people joining private games and also some of the issues that were present in the old game are all making it less enjoyable than it could be.
They kept a lot of the original game's "issues" because the people who still play the original are allergic to change and complain whenever the devs alter the gameplay, regardless if the changes are good or bad.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
They kept a lot of the original game's "issues" because the people who still play the original are allergic to change and complain whenever the devs alter the gameplay, regardless if the changes are good or bad.
Among those older issues is the fact that computer AIs on different teams gang up on human players instead of actually trying to kill off eachother. I would not consider that a feature and most of these older issues are engine related ones, not ones that would impact game balance.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Among those older issues is the fact that computer AIs on different teams gang up on human players instead of actually trying to kill off eachother. I would not consider that a feature and most of these older issues are engine related ones, not ones that would impact game balance.
Using their logic, that would still be an AI change and any change to the AI means that the game will play differently and thus make the game bad (which is obviously not true).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ