Age of Empires IV announced

Microsoft Studios and developer Relic Entertainment have partnered up to create a fouth entry in the Age of Empires series. Original developers, Ensemble Studios will not be involved in the project, as since the release of Age of Empires III, they have gone defunct. The prior three titles will all be getting HD remasters, as well. The games are already available in HD on PC, though those versions are upscaled old assets, and the upcoming remakes will be utilizing brand new art and graphical assets. Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, which only includes the first game, will release on October 19, 2017 as a Windows PC exclusive.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, no Xbox one? Seriously? The Xbox one is having a bit of a game drought right now as far as exclusivity and this could've given it a boost...

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it has lan mode lol..... Not buying unless it does. the only reason my friends and i can still play the original and older pc games like the settlers 3 multiplayer is because of lan mode....

Foxchild

Goomba Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played the heck out of AoE 1 and 2 back in the day. Started 3 but never finished it, lost interest. Anymore, the only RTS I still dig out and play once in a while are my old Command and Conquers. So, unless this ends up looking really good, I'll probably pass.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I still have AoE 1 and 2 on their original discs. AoE 2 is still amazing. I only hope they do the remaster justice and don't screw things up. As for AoE 4, I'm not holding my breath tbh. Maybe I'll check it out, but I don't think it can top AoE 2.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Come on, Microsoft, you know you want my money ;););)
IMG_20170822_101318_0_1.jpg

Reactions: InsaneNutter

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
AoE I and II remakes, great. It's not a Warcraft IV, but I take it. I just wonder why the trailer dosn't shows modernity. AoE IV must be set in modernity and AoE V most have the setting future :unsure:

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had the base game of AoE3 didn't like it more of a Civ fan
In that case you maybe should take a look on the first Empire Earth. It's a RTS like the AoE series, but has a slight Civ feel to it. There is no remaster of it, therefore it's only intressing if you can stand older graphics.

Last edited by VitaType,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Man, I love the first two age of empires. They were my first PC games. Sooo much fun! I really hope this release isn't through Windows Store only though..
Agreed. I spent so much time playing AoE1/2 and Warcraft 2 as a kid.
I hope AoE4 is better than 3.
I wonder if Blizzard is ever going to make Warcraft 4. They seem to not give a fuck anymore because they're making so much money from WoW.

Reactions: CrimsonMaple

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments