Hacking ~ AK2/2i inquiry

Gtfo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I was wondering if the AceKard 2/2i is able to run GBA roms. I know that it can run the GBA game in the GBA slot but I'm just wondering if it can run GBA roms that have been downloaded and put onto the sd card...

If the AK2/2i is unable to run the GBA roms, I was also wondering if there is a way to play/run GBA games on my DS, with an emulator or something like that? :S

Any help and comments are appreciated :-)

~ Thanks,
Greg

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Acekard 2i can't run GBA roms by itself, but you can get an EZ Flash 3in1 for your Slot 2, and store your GBA roms on your Acekard.

After that you can load GBA roms from the Acekard menu, as well as write a GBA rom to the NOR flash of the 3in1, which'll make it act like a legit GBA game.

There's also the added bonus of expansion memory, that the DS web browser and homebrew can use, and the rumble pack.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To play GBA ROMs with an Acekard product (as with most slot-1 carts) you will need an additional slot-2 device.

Congratulations! You are the first person ever in the history of the earth to ask this question!

kurtisboyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Before everyone comes in and flames you, I'll give it to you straight.

Slot 1 cards can not run GBA games because there is not enough RAM to do so. You will need to buy a slot 2 card such as and EZ Flash 3in1 and put that in a device with Slot-2 (ie. NDS Phat/Lite).

The Supercard DS Two is out soon. It has extra RAM and a seperate CPU which can emulate GBA games even though it's a Slot-1 device, so I'd wait until it's out if you haven't already bought an Acekard.

EDIT: Beaten to it
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o