Hacking AK2i update for 3DS2.0 and DSI1.4.2

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I agree. Using the wrong terms can confuse beginners, especially as they delve further into this subject.

Additionally, it seems that the only piece of help we can give kirokun at this stage is "did you update your Acekard 2i first? If not please do it first". While waiting for his response we can't really help him with this problem further, unless he has further queries (which he does not). As you had already given that advice to him it does not make sense for NES or anyone else to repeat it. This is why he chose to only correct your information, instead of "helping" kirokun with you.

(P.S.: Thanks for the compliments on the avatar!
smile.gif
)

Edit: Way to disprove me NES.
frown.gif

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
kirokun said:
I decided to upgrade to 1.4.2U on my DSi today.

I also upgraded from 1.8.1 to 1.8.7

The cart wont load though, I get an error on my DSi and a loading screen which seems frozen on my DSLite.
Format the SD card with Panasonic SD formatter, redownload AKAIO 1.8.7, and don't delete or move anything, except the files to the root of the SD card.
Also try the paper trick.

samurayjp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's possible that those who are having problems with the Acekard HW44, are using
Fake Acekards, which has EON chip.

These Acekards with EON chip, released earlier this year, apparently were all HW44.
Perhaps this is the problem. It is worth checking.
Open your Acekard and check it.

Risuth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been going crazy all day trying to update my Acekard 2i with my 3DS after watching the video back on page 4. My 3DS is still on 1.0.0-0U and I checked my Acekard 2i on the inside so I can confirm it doesn't have an EON chip and is not a HW:4444 and in fact 8181 but it still won't recognize it and I get the error screen. I only have a 3DS but if I can't figure this out then I'll have to arrange something.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Risuth said:
but it still won't recognize it and I get the error screen.
Could you clarify what you mean by "it still won't recognise it and I get the error screen"? What exactly is the error, and exactly when does the error screen pop out?
After you try to load your Acekard onto the 3DS, after you try to load the ROMs, or after you try to run the update files?

Risuth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, should've been clearer on that. It shows the Acekard flashcart icon on the 3DS menu and then I get the black error screen saying to restart the 3DS trying to start it. I know this same problem has come up for others and I've tried all the solutions so far, but unfortunately I don't have another DS. I've double checked everything several times but if anything I'll probably end up getting a pre-updated AK2i.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Risuth said:
Sorry, should've been clearer on that. It shows the Acekard flashcart icon on the 3DS menu
Ohno. The Acekard 2i should show either the DORASU icon (runs on 3ds v1.10-1) or the Chessmaster icon (runs on 3ds v2). If it shows the Acekard icon this means that it hasn't actually been updated to work on 3DS at all. >.<

Try borrowing a DS phat or lite from a friend. If none of your friends own one you can borrow one from a friendly neighbourhood shop, or from a stranger you find with a DS if you really have to. Then run the update which you can find here (be sure to read the readme.txt inside). The update will only take a few minutes and will *not* harm or affect the DS itself, so the ones lending it to you shoud have nothing to worry about.

A more complete solution can be found in this FAQ I wrote for such cases: http://gbatemp.net/t297140-3ds-updates-and-flashcarts-a-faq

Risuth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda figured that was the case, I haven't really used my AK2i in a while since after I traded in my DSi and got the 3DS I was buying legit games so there was no need. I appreciate the help though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head