cloudskipa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Leykis said:
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
Leykis said:
Can someone please help me out. I have a DSi XL system with f/w 1.4.1u. My Acekard 2i has AKAIO v1.8.6 HW 81. I downloaded ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi142.zip and put the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds file on my DS and loaded it up. It keeps telling me "Before update, please eject the card and insert it again. press B to continue." No matter how many times I eject the card and re-insert it, I can't get beyond this screen. Pressing B does nothing.....pressing any button does nothing. Am I missing something? Did I do something wrong? Thanks for your help!
You could try formatting with Panasonic SD formatter, and downloading AKAIO 1.8.7.

No luck. I downloaded the Panasonic SD formatter and formatted my SD card with it and then loaded AKAIO 1.8.7 on to it. Still gives me the same message when I go to update.

Suffered from the same problem myself but I tried the DSL version (included in the zip file) instead and it worked all ok.
smile.gif

Leykis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cloudskipa said:
Leykis said:
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
Leykis said:
Can someone please help me out. I have a DSi XL system with f/w 1.4.1u. My Acekard 2i has AKAIO v1.8.6 HW 81. I downloaded ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi142.zip and put the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds file on my DS and loaded it up. It keeps telling me "Before update, please eject the card and insert it again. press B to continue." No matter how many times I eject the card and re-insert it, I can't get beyond this screen. Pressing B does nothing.....pressing any button does nothing. Am I missing something? Did I do something wrong? Thanks for your help!
You could try formatting with Panasonic SD formatter, and downloading AKAIO 1.8.7.

No luck. I downloaded the Panasonic SD formatter and formatted my SD card with it and then loaded AKAIO 1.8.7 on to it. Still gives me the same message when I go to update.

Suffered from the same problem myself but I tried the DSL version (included in the zip file) instead and it worked all ok.
smile.gif

I used the DSL version.

Nocturno

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
I tried to upgrade hw44 but it doesn´t let me, when the progrmam runs, it says the upgrade has been canceled, reset the ds, it doesn´t let me press any button, just reset.

callused

Trophies
XP
Country
This may be a fairly foolish question, but I have a 1.4.2 DSi so will be using a DSL to do the firmware update. Does that mean I use the DSL file to match the firmware-updating DS or use the DSi file because that's the device I will be using the Acekard in?

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
callused said:
This may be a fairly foolish question, but I have a 1.4.2 DSi so will be using a DSL to do the firmware update. Does that mean I use the DSL file to match the firmware-updating DS or use the DSi file because that's the device I will be using the Acekard in?
Does the DSLite have a firmware 1.4.2? No. You can run the update on any DS as long as you can run the AK2i, and you use the correct update file (i for 3DS/DSi, L for Lite/Phat)

gseen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought my son a UK 3DS today and was hoping his exsisting Acekard would work.

Using the old DSL I ran the following update on the acekard (ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds), it seemed to work fine, now I have a Chessmaster icon in the DSL, and a Chessmaster icon in the 3DS.
The Acekard still works fine in the DSL, but when I try to load it on the 3DS I get the message that an error has occurred, restart the console etc.

I read through all the pages here and I am none the wiser, do you have any ideas or does it not work on UK 3DS?

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
gseen said:
I bought my son a UK 3DS today and was hoping his exsisting Acekard would work.

Using the old DSL I ran the following update on the acekard (ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds), it seemed to work fine, now I have a Chessmaster icon in the DSL, and a Chessmaster icon in the 3DS.
The Acekard still works fine in the DSL, but when I try to load it on the 3DS I get the message that an error has occurred, restart the console etc.

I read through all the pages here and I am none the wiser, do you have any ideas or does it not work on UK 3DS?
Is it HW44? Make sure you use the DSL firmware file if you update on the DSLite. (NOT the DSi file).

gseen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I did use the correct file. The card is HW:81 SVN:1084 (running AKAIO 1.8.7)

Works great in the DS Lite, but when I try to launch it from 3DS menu, I get the error and it tells me to turn power off and on again.

12062011248c.jpg

queenie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I sucessfully did the update. Now when I turn on the dsixl it shows the update file on the screen along with my "games" folder. Can I go in and delete this update file so it does not show up on the dsixl screen? I am afraid that DS may hit that button instead of the games folder.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
suprgamr232 said:
This is only true if you already updated your 3DS to 2.0. I used my 3DS to update my acekard, worked perfectly fine.

Which, BTW, I got the update to work by using Homebrew Menu. Working great
tongue.gif

Hmm could you elaborate please? I have an EU 3DS running v1 firmware and an AK2i. I can't get the 3DS to boot the AK2i via the menu. You mentioned Homebrew Menu, what is this and could you elaborate on how you managed to update your AK2i card on your 3DS?

Thanks.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there still no chance of getting this on HW44? Also, is there any real reason why Acekard hasn't gotten this on HW44 besides them trying to get people to but a new one?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
kthnxshwn said:
Is there still no chance of getting this on HW44? Also, is there any real reason why Acekard hasn't gotten this on HW44 besides them trying to get people to but a new one?

the 81 has been on the market for close to 2 years. acekard isn't trying to make you buy new hardware. most users who purchased in the last year have the 81 and this is long before the 1.4.3 firwmare was even drempt of.

the fact is that acekard NEVER said their cards would be future proof. the fact that you can update them at all is a bonus which users didn't expect.

-another world

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem isn't that newer carts have the ability to update and older ones don't - not at all. It's the fact that no one was ever told that hardware changes in the 81 would be able to do things the 44 couldn't. If this was called the Acekard 2i+ or something of that nature to showcase it's differences in the outdated 44, I would have no problem.

Similar to Apple releasing a new iPod and then during firmware keynotes, they let you know that certain things only work on the new one due to hardware upgrades and changes internally.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you’re still missing the point.

acekard never said that any of their flash kits would have a bootloader update. they didn't design them to be updatable, that line of thought wasn't implemented until the 81.

once again, the fact that you can update them is a bonus.

you are trying to make a case that you were ripped off by purchasing a card that you were never told could not be updated 3 years down the line, when no one was told and acekard didn't intend for them to be updatable.

think about r4idsn users, they have had to buy 3 hardware revisions to beat the dsi blocks. acekard has been doing pretty well with their old hardware design.

its hard for me to have sympathy for any of the slot-1 flash kit generation. real flash kits cost money. i paid 145 for my first gba kit and it can only hold 2 roms at a time, i paid 120 for my second gba kit. i paid 100 for my virtual boy kit, etc. $12-15 for a new hwid 81 is nothing. its not even a days worth of work. you could collect cans and recycle them for 1 day and have enough to buy an acekard and a meal. i really don't see what the issue is. spend the money and buy the hardware version that can be updated or email [email protected] and complain. bitching about it on gbatemp isn’t going to get you very far.

-another world

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't bitching at all, I was asking a question and I was greeted with hostility. On top of that, you threw some "back in my day" story that I expect my father to tell me when I vista him for Christmas and I get my nephew a RC helicopter.

Also, you're missing MY point. My point is that Acekard isn't saying "the HW44 won't be updated and is incompatible", they're telling me to wait, essentially. My point and question was what's the reason for this. What in the hardware has made this change. What is making it impossible for Acekard to push out an update for the HW44 model in a timely manner? Will it really be updated or are they just saying this so their PR doesn't take a slight hit from saying "buy a new one"?

Please, if I ask a question, I expect a decent answer on the forum, especially this one. This is my source for Nintendo information and I don't enjoy being confronted with such hostility from an upstanding member like yourself. I don't know if you've had a bad day, something is going wrong int our personal life, but I don't appreciate the tone that was taken.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
your mistake is trying to hear tones in a typed conversation and then judge someone’s personality based on 1 reply.

kthnxshwn said:
Also, is there any real reason why Acekard hasn't gotten this on HW44 besides them trying to get people to but a new one?

i don't appreciate it when users who have never been in direct contact with a team make assumptions. i am setting you straight so that you do not propagate your assumptions to the rest of the internet.

if you want direct answers to your question then email [email protected].

-another world

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, that's the thing. You're saying I made assumptions based on one reply but right there, you try to belittle me, make out of line judgments about my father, and then you assume I have no direct ties to the Acekard team. If you remember when Acekard first announced the Acekard RPG, they contacted people over AIM via their ICQ number - I was one of their contacts. I've contacted their team who has grown from two people managing to a team, who reply with the same "we will update soon." but each time - it never is. Same with them saying that they had plans to release a DSi compatible Acekard in future but never got passed the failed testing phase.

I'm not guessing tones anymore, it's become quite obvious that something has gone wrong in your day or you're just grumpy. I won't judge you based off this conversation, but I find it unbecoming of you. You obviously hold a higher position than me, so you must've deserved it, but not with an attitude like that. I hope you have a good day and that whatever is making you act out of line will cease to disrupt your tone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhN3stcB0is