Homebrew Question Album app freezes when trying to open homebrew menu

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted my SD card and for some reason after doing that, I can't seem to get into the homebrew menu.
When Using atmosphere, I can't even boot my switch because I get an error saying "Fatal Error: inappropriate kernel embedded ini context"
I tried several versions of atmosphere but none of them would work. I saw someone had this same problem on Reddit but no one responded to him.

So I tried using Kosmos instead. I'm able to actually boot the switch but everytime I try to get into the homebrew menu, it just hangs on a white screen (Yes, I was holding down R). No buttons work and the only way to get out of it is to hit the home button. When I hit the home button and open the app again, it just boots into the album.

All that is on my SD card was/is a fresh atmosphere/Kosmos and a nintendo folder that was created after the SD format.

I'm out of ideas.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"All that is on my SD card was/is a fresh atmosphere/Kosmos and a nintendo folder that was created after the SD format."

If that's true then that's why. You need a switch folder with your homebrew apps in it or else there's nothing for homebrew menu to boot. If there's no .nros, there's nothing for Homebrew menu to show.

You should also get the atmosphere patches.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"All that is on my SD card was/is a fresh atmosphere/Kosmos and a nintendo folder that was created after the SD format."

If that's true then that's why. You need a switch folder with your homebrew apps in it or else there's nothing for homebrew menu to boot. If there's no .nros, there's nothing for Homebrew menu to show.

You should also get the atmosphere patches.
Both come with a switch folder included in the downloads. Kosmos has a bunch preinstalled apps while Atmosphere just has a return to app payload. Although I couldn't get atmosphere working due to the error I mentioned above.

lucas millington

Trophies
XP
Country
i have the switch folder and everything was working but i go to themes app once and i cant go back to the homebrew menu, makes no sense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8