Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
noobwarrior7 said:
about dvdx, if you want to still watch dvds, just don't install wads 1-3, leave DVDx installed in "normal" installation mode, and continue using mplayer. the dvdx wad just switches it from a normal install to an IOS247 install, but if you dont even plan on using patched discs, there is no reason for you to give up your dvd playback, as dvdx is not needed for the two newer launchers, softchip and gamma.
The problem is, I need to use patched disks because some jap games work in black & white unless I wiifrii them.
I don't understand why since my TV works with Jap games on other consoles and sometimes RegionFrii is enough, but for example I can't get TvC and Fatal Frame 4 to work in color without WiiFrii, so I was hoping that these loaders would let me use trucha signed disks. Maybe I should just put 3.2 I dunno, specially since I don't fully understand the "dangers" of putting wads and cIOS and whatnot concerning future updates.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres nothing to understand really, this pack is safe.

AND you CAN use trucha-signed discs, thats not what I meant by patched.

"patched" refers to "decrypted" games originally created for the old beta launcher, they are basically completely restructered, and this has nothing to do with wiifrii, brickblocker, or any trucha thing....I only mean "patched" as if you ran them through the included program....the two newer launchers, softchip and gamma will load games with any of those other changes fine, and gamma will even run some of the "patched" ones I was talking about...so youre good.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I only want to install the 3 backuploaders and do not plan to watch movie DVD's, I can skip the dvdx wad right?

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the dvdx wad is needed for the older launcher, it is needed if you want to play "decrypted" discs on the 0.1 launcher (or the leaked old PAL wanin launcher, but my wad purposefully wont work for that)

it is ALSO needed for watching dvds, BUT it must be installed with a normal install for that (which is NOT what the included wad does)

because of this, the two functions are incompatible.

your 3 options are:
-have it installed for the old launcher (thats the one wad in this pack)
-have it installed for MPlayer to play DVD-Video (and other homebrew) with a "normal" install
-no dvdx at all, which means: no MPlayer DVD function, no other homebrew, and no old launcher function.

thats the deal. peace.

PS: if anyone is still wanting to show thanks for this pack (some folks asked) I just thought, I've never been "gifted" an item in the wii shop, so if you wanna "gift" me a VC/WW title, thatd be pretty fun to finally enjoy that feature, I dont have any wii-friends, so if you want to gift me something for my work, you can pm me and I'll give you my wii code....and obviously I don't want anyone to feel like they should, cause I just really did it cause I felt it needed to be done, and I hope you enjoy it.

Hellfire

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
noobwarrior7 said:
theres nothing to understand really, this pack is safe.

AND you CAN use trucha-signed discs, thats not what I meant by patched.

"patched" refers to "decrypted" games originally created for the old beta launcher, they are basically completely restructered, and this has nothing to do with wiifrii, brickblocker, or any trucha thing....I only mean "patched" as if you ran them through the included program....the two newer launchers, softchip and gamma will load games with any of those other changes fine, and gamma will even run some of the "patched" ones I was talking about...so youre good.
Thanks man! I love you in a non gay way
tongue.gif

Seriously, you're very helpful and pacient and I really apreciate that.

mcfearless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok a couple of noob questions:
1. Does this method have similiar protection like 3.2 and Starfall? and will this method still work with 3.2 and Starfall?
2. Can you play any region game? OR is there a procedure if you want to play PAL on NTSC?
3. Can you delete the .wad files out of the wad directory when all is done?

Thanks in advance. This seems pretty awesome and I can't wait to try a backed up game.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) this does not INCLUDE protection of any kind, but is compatible with any such thing...and my wads are safe, because they are unofficial IOS and properly-constructed channel wads, so youre fine without any extra protection if this is all you are doing.

2) you should be able to play most regions, but some PAL titles will always have problems on NTSC systems, and vice versa, just the nature of the beast....they dont need to have the discs altered themselves, most tweaks can be done in the channel(s).

3) absolutely, get rid of them, but keeping them is the easiest way to completely uninstall the pack later if you want, because "formatting" won't do what you would want it to.

mcfearless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks for the response it was very helpful.

One last thing related to #1.... Do I have to do anything to the "backup" games once I have them on my hard drive and before I burn them to DVD-R? I see that some people use some sort of brickblocker application, etc. Just want to make sure I don't play something that will brick my Wii.

Once again thanks again for making this so simple!

mcfearless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I understand that but do the channel(s) do it automatically or is there something you have to do manually to patch the discs? And if it is manual how would you know what games need to be patched or fixed?

Thanks.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, good question:

"brickblocking" - this means "erasing the update on the disc". The launchers don't read the update partition at all, so this is not needed, PERIOD.

wiifrii'ing - you may or may not use discs from different regions, for these, you MAY have to adjust settings on a game-by-game basis. For me, lets so I have a semi-tricky PAL game for my NTSC wii (AND lets pretend I actually use launchers instead of my chip)...I put it in, load up...

....Gamma, and as soon as I click "start" I hold the 1(one) button [with the disc already in the drive by the way] now I should have some options, I go into the config options (forget what that little sub-menu is actually called, the non-rebooter one) and select "Force NTSC" and maybe "Force English Language". then I scroll down, hit A to go back, and select run disc at the main menu or whatever it says.

....Softchip has similar options "Use System Region to determine disc Video output" or something, and "Force Launguage: English"

for most instances, if its gonna work, this will be enough.
Ive only had one case where a PAL game would work after running through wiifrii with similar choices, but not just regularly through the channel, usually if a game from the opposing video signal gives you trouble a couple times, its just not gonna work no matter what....examples for NTSC folks like me include DBZ:BT3 and Gravity PAL versions.

scrubbed discs and trucha-signed discs (not the same fyi) should work fine as well, if you dont know anything about them, dont worry you dont need to.

thats already more than I should have spoonfed you, find out more on your own.

mcfearless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool thanks a bunch for the explanation. I just wanted to make sure something like Mario Kart or Super Smash would not try and update with these launchers and I wouldn't have to do something to the .iso before I burn.

Rock on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when...