All Wii backup loader/Waninkoko discussion goes here.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The leak was posted on /v/, not on GBATemp.

EDIT: The thing is, Waninkoko does not receive an hourly wage to work on the loader, he has no responsability whatsoever to keep working on it. it's totally up to him. It's really, really, frustrating when a bunch leeching kids keep bugging you to release something you are doing for FREE, just because for some unphantomable reason they think they are ENTITLED to it.
I used to do some free mods to a certain PHPBB RPG, and I know exactly how annoying is people thinking they have the right to push you around. It's really, really, frustrating and even infuriating.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Why are you still whining over it, isn't he releasing the source code? Even if it's buggy as hell, this does mean a lot of code-hungry eyeballs are going to get to improve it.
And just be thankful he DOESN'T release another taihen.nds...

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out with the process? When I boot DVDx the tutorial zedane_gneome wrote said to use IOS249. I dont have that option. I go up to IOS 33 or something before going back to 4. Any advice?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Treflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To whoever leaked it: uncool D: that's like pulling the shower curtain on him while he's in there. and then going on to take pictures and sell them on the internetz. but seriously, that was a shitty move, and now look what happened D: at least he's releasing the source. thanks waninkoko. we're not ALL dicks.
couldn't you just wait the 2-3 weeks? >.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry Jumpman, didnt see this thread. ANYWAYS
Waninkoko,

I know your really pissed about your project being leaked
cry.gif
, but that isnt our fault.
sleep.gif
I dont mean to be a biotch, but you where the one who gave the backup loader to zant(or who ever the leaker is).We couldnt stop you from giving it to him, and we couldnt have stop him from leaking it, it was a beta that we could confirm the loader was legit with, so many of us still wish for you to continue this and someday make it so great that you wouldnt even need to make alot of updates.
happy.gif
You should of been more careful about giving the backup loader like that, but that in the past. A lot of us were just waiting patiently for you to finish it and release it. By abandoning the project you are letting zant know that he defeated you.
dry.gif
I know its your project, but I think you should continue it. For all your fans, even when you were only making little apps we were cheering you on
grog.gif
. Please dont let this leaker get to you and show him whos boss. And next time, dont get any more beta testers, you cant trust most people on the internet.
lecture.gif
No matter if you dont continue it, ill still be your fan
bow.gif

-Your Friend,
Framework43

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When will people get it through their thick skulls? Waninkoko DOESN'T CARE! If he actually gave a damn about all these people whining about a new backup loader he wouldn't have stopped development. And if he actually gave a damn about the homebrew community at all he never would have developed this. People are just gonna piss and moan until they turn blue, but Waninkoko won't continue development for people like you. IF he continues development (and he probably will) it will be because he will have realized how childish this whole thing is and finish what he started. I hope he doesn't continue, but I find it hard to believe that this is the end for Waninkoko. Just stop acting like sniveling babies and wait. At least give the man the right to work on his project at his leisure.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
underpressure116 said:
When will people get it through their thick skulls? Waninkoko DOESN'T CARE! If he actually gave a damn about all these people whining about a new backup loader he wouldn't have stopped development. And if he actually gave a damn about the homebrew community at all he never would have developed this. People are just gonna piss and moan until they turn blue, but Waninkoko won't continue development for people like you. IF he continues development (and he probably will) it will be because he will have realized how childish this whole thing is and finish what he started. I hope he doesn't continue, but I find it hard to believe that this is the end for Waninkoko. Just stop acting like sniveling babies and wait. At least give the man the right to work on his project at his leisure.

Honestly, Im just saying, that he is making a big deal of it. I dont even care if he doesnt continue, i will just get a modchip or something If he doesnt. I think this entire think is stupid, the leaking and the abandoning of the project for such a small reason. BUT I dont care if he does or does not continue, waninkoko can do whatever he wants. I just wanted to put in my 2 cents of what i think about this.
rolleyes.gif

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
seriously it's not the end of the world, oh man just can't stop laughing, theres something called a mochip it's revolutionary product made for all sorts of systems, saves you tonnes of cash

aizen000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please help me, im trying to test one piece ultimate adventure on the loader but it says.

Title identification....ERROR! (ret = -4100)

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe waninkoko wanted that leak after all?
wink.gif

Why?

he got pissed off with bugs, and wanted to give out the code
or
he didn't have enough beta testers!

Anyway that's just some thinking, i may be wrong...

Longbaugh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hitto said:
Why are you still whining over it, isn't he releasing the source code? Even if it's buggy as hell, this does mean a lot of code-hungry eyeballs are going to get to improve it.
And just be thankful he DOESN'T release another taihen.nds...

*[11:38]* waninkoko, are you going to release the backup loaders source?
*[11:39]* no

*[11:39]* Why is it in black and white?
*[11:39]* Is it the apploader?
*[11:39]* zapu: I haven't do that yet
*[11:39]* on ntsc machines
([11:39]) Parts: dillion ([email protected]) () [429 users]
* Xmods sets mode: -b *!*@c-98-206-196-195.hsd1.il.comcast.net
*[11:39]* ok thanks
*[11:39]* btw, the leaked beta doesn't work correctly with video modes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....