Almost good games that you wanted to like more but slogged through hoping for more

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good memory indeed!

For Sakura Wars: I had trouble getting it work with my Wii first. And when I finally played I did not even get to the actual game before I shutted off. Or is it a visual novel? Never saw anything game-like. Characters were just not my cup of tea.

I'm scared of playing Xenoblade Chronicles. The Wii library has.. how many RPGs? Not much at least. And I'm afraid I won't like it - that's 25% less RPG for the Wii. : (
There is a game under all the tons of dialogue and useless crap.
ZD1H0Rt.jpg

CgNkBlw.jpg

jYQPYUf.jpg
I was introduced to the game by seeing screenshots like the ones above - I think you can see why I felt cheated. :rofl2:

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the wii has a decent librery of rpgs
pandoras tower
last story
fragile dreams
that phantom brave remake
super paper mario( YES IT COUNTS)
tales of synphonia 2
Pandoras Tower is an RPG? I thought I would be an Action Adventure.
Have not played Last Story yet - could be something nice.
I played Tales of Symphonia - nice game, really.
Super Paper Mario has that new combat system which I don't like for sure.

Don't know about Fragile or Phantom Brave.

And that's all there is? Less then I really thought.. : (

thesupremegamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Yoshi's New Island.
It had all the workings for what could have been a good games, but I couldn't get past the repetitive music, short level design, and just overall meh to it.
I wish it was better and I wished I could get more out of it.
so it basicly the origonal yoshis island if you take away all the fun out of it

Reactions: endoverend

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about the ones i mentioned are they any good?
Some are, some aren't. Tales of Symphonia was a great game, but I've heard terrible things about the sequel. Last story was pretty cool from what I played. The wii has a good library, its just rather small in regards to RPG's and out of the few it had some never made it out of Japan and some are available on other platforms.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Shenmue for Dreamcast.

I went out and BOUGHT this game, even though it's sooooo easy to pirate DC games, just because I heard it was so good.
But it is boring as FUCK. The beginning involves you running walking around using the shitty d-pad asking if the villagers have seen this one guy. This goes on for like an hour. And the game continues just like this. Hell, most of the action in the game is those goddamn QTE's which aren't fun at all. I guess people say the game is cool cause you can "interact with everything" but that's not fun to do. There's even a time limit, as if I'd want to spend more time working boring-ass jobs and pushing buttons when they flash on the screen at the right time to punch someone.
I didn't even dare to touch Shenmue 2.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My game of choice for this thread would be Xenoblade Chronicles. It wasn't a bad game, and it had some things that I actually liked alot. The world was great, though hampered by the power of the wii, the characters weren't annoying, but they were pretty dull. However, it was so overhyped by people who liked it mainly because of the fact it was an RPG on the wii, and it really made it harder to enjoy. The combat was too slow for an action RPG and the AI was pretty dumb. It really doesn't help that the game is extremely long and the sidequests are shit. Not a bad game, but overhyped for sure.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Wii has a Phantom Brave remake? Well, looks like I need to acquire a new game... :tpi:
Never heard of the series .. that good?

Would anybody want to hurt me if I would say that I tried to like Super Princess Peach for the DS? But I just could not, it was so stupid.. finished it either way.
Now that I read this .. I must have been insane tried liking this.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Would anybody want to hurt me if I would say that I tried to like Super Princess Peach for the DS? But I just could not, it was so stupid.. finished it either way.
Disgaea is quite a pleasant JRPG series, Phantom Brave was a spin-off of it. ;)

It's something you either really like or hate, like most SRPG's.

thesupremegamer

Trophies
XP
Country

im not to fond of the gameplay in disgaea but i find it a guilty pleasure mainly for it humour and characters its a pretty quirky little game so yeah XD

Shenmue for Dreamcast.

I went out and BOUGHT this game, even though it's sooooo easy to pirate DC games, just because I heard it was so good.
But it is boring as FUCK. The beginning involves you running walking around using the shitty d-pad asking if the villagers have seen this one guy. This goes on for like an hour. And the game continues just like this. Hell, most of the action in the game is those goddamn QTE's which aren't fun at all. I guess people say the game is cool cause you can "interact with everything" but that's not fun to do. There's even a time limit, as if I'd want to spend more time working boring-ass jobs and pushing buttons when they flash on the screen at the right time to punch someone.
I didn't even dare to touch Shenmue 2.

yeah but back then shenmue was pretty impressive for the time graphics wise

thesupremegamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't say anything about the graphics. The REST of the game is horrible. XD
just saying that it was quite impressive looking for the time thats all

Some are, some aren't. Tales of Symphonia was a great game, but I've heard terrible things about the sequel. Last story was pretty cool from what I played. The wii has a good library, its just rather small in regards to RPG's and out of the few it had some never made it out of Japan and some are available on other platforms.

still better than the n64 though that only had like 3 or 4 rpgs

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For me it's Syndicate. Too much glare, blur and other effects that cause fps problems for me (my PC isn't suited to gaming, but still...) to mask a boring first person shooter. Enemies need to take too many shots to die. It's ok if a game is generic (which isn't necessary bad) but this game is just a disappointment for me. I've accidentally deleted my save file, so I stopped playing, but I really want to finish it because I don't like that feel of wasted money.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For me it's Syndicate. Too much glare, blur and other effects that cause fps problems for me (my PC isn't suited to gaming, but still...) to mask a boring first person shooter. Enemies need to take too many shots to die. It's ok if a game is generic (which isn't necessary bad) but this game is just a disappointment for me. I've accidentally deleted my save file, so I stopped playing, but I really want to finish it because I don't like that feel of wasted money.
For a moment I thought you meant Syndicate the strategy game, not Syndicate the FPS reboot. Fair game - I liked both the original and the reboot, but I can see how someone might not enjoy it, the game is indeed very flashy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1