Amazon Prime users can redeem a free year of Nintendo Switch Online through Twitch

36nifRE.png

Amazon Prime offers a multitude of features and perks with its subscription, including things like video streaming, free 2 day shipping, and tons more. Since Amazon's purchase of Twitch, membership bonuses extended to the streaming service as well, allowing for users to link their account to get a free channel sub in the form of Twitch Prime. Adding onto the list freebies is something geared towards Nintendo fans, as any North American Nintendo Switch owner who has Amazon Prime and a Twitch account can now receive 12 full months of the Nintendo Switch Online service for no extra charge.

Claiming the offer will give you 3 months of Nintendo Switch Online, but once 60 days have passed, and considering that you're still an active Amazon Prime member, you'll be able to claim the rest of the year-long subscription by returning back to the website linked below. The bonus is available only until September 24, 2019, so be sure to get it before its gone. For those wondering if you can somehow work multiple free redemptions from this, the offer will only work once per Nintendo account. Any new user or current individual Nintendo Switch Online subscriber can make use of the free year, however, those with a family membership are not eligible to extend their membership using it.

*Offer only available in select countries. A Twitch Prime Account age 13+ and a Nintendo Account linked to a Nintendo Switch system are required to take advantage of this offer. The Nintendo Account User Agreement, including the Purchase and Subscription terms, apply. Please redeem the 3-month Nintendo Switch Online membership between 3/28/2019 and 9/24/2019. Active Twitch Prime account for 60 days required to claim additional 9-month Nintendo Switch Online membership at no extra cost. Please redeem the 9-month membership by 1/22/2020. Nintendo Switch Online family membership holders are not eligible for this offer. A credit card (Visa/Mastercard) or PayPal account is required for users age 18 and up. This offer can only be claimed once per each Twitch Prime and Nintendo Account.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

Oh thats funny. I was just about to buy one after my free trial ended on April 1st (no April fool jokes)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
One thing to watch out for, it will turn on Switch Online auto-renewals (and the more expensive 3-month variety at that).
However, it's easy enough to turn off in the eshop settings.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to redeem it, but when it bitched about my eBay and credit card region not being the same. Then I realized I had my Nintendo account set to Ireland, to prevent Nintendo from snooping on me. When I tried to region change back and redeem it, Nintendo said no, the free trial is locked to another region. :(

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, now I'll subscribe.

Make sure to turn off automatic renewal it's easy enough in the shop settings>pass settings.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's a pretty good deal. Twitch Prime is already worth it with all the free games you get (well depending on if they're games you're interested in or not), plus the free sub, so this is just a nice bonus.

@Chary
As far as I can tell, it's available for anyone with Twitch Prime, not just people in NA. I have Twitch Prime through Amazon Prime Video (which is the only option for countries where regular Amazon Prime is not available - but it costs less) and it asked me to sign in with a Nintendo account, but I already have a family plan so I can't use it. However even if it was locked only to North American Nintendo accounts, you can easily make one as the Switch is region free.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a pretty good deal. Twitch Prime is already worth it with all the free games you get (well depending on if they're games you're interested in or not), plus the free sub, so this is just a nice bonus.

@Chary
As far as I can tell, it's available for anyone with Twitch Prime, not just people in NA. I have Twitch Prime through Amazon Prime Video (which is the only option for countries where regular Amazon Prime is not available - but it costs less) and it asked me to sign in with a Nintendo account, but I already have a family plan so I can't use it. However even if it was locked only to North American Nintendo accounts, you can easily make one as the Switch is region free.

Not lock to North American account, I linked to my Japanese Eshop account, and got the three months.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BladeHart @ BladeHart: Does anyone know how to unlock all the smash ultimate characters with a hacked switch