Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
eshop_ambasador_program_now_ready.jpg

North American 3DS users will tell you that the Ambassador Program NES games are now available. Apparently the games are not there for all but some users (including myself) have successfully downloaded all 10 free NES titles.

Grabbing the games is rather easy: Log into your eShop account. Click on Menu, then Settings / Other, followed by Your Downloads. The NES titles, if available, will appear there as software you can "redownload".

The very last item in the list is an Ambassador Certificite (taking up 147 blocks), which provides more information about the program as well as proof that you were one of the lucky few!

Titles said:
[*]Super Mario Bros.[*]Metroid[*]The Legend of Zelda[*]Wrecking Crew[*]NES Open Tournament Golf[*]Donkey Kong Jr.[*]Balloon Fight[*]Ice Climber[*]Zelda II - The Adventure of Link[*]Yoshi

icon11.gif
 Ambassador Program Information

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this is pretty cool, but the aspect ratio on the top screen looks pretty bad. sadly these same 10 titles are much more enjoyable on my XL using nesDS. its not like we are getting our 80 bucks back, so i'll make sure to enjoy them for what they are, free software!

its REALLY nice to see that green "3D" light turned off for once.

both the d-pad and analog stick work.

the VC options are "resume game" and "reset". i wish i could swap output screen for the bottom.

-another world

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Another World said:
this is pretty cool, but the aspect ratio on the top screen looks pretty bad. sadly these same 10 titles are much more enjoyable on my XL using nesDS. its not like we are getting our 80 bucks back, so i'll make sure to enjoy them for what they are, free software!

its REALLY nice to see that green "3D" light turned off for once.

-another world
We'll get GBA games anyway, so I think that 80 bucks is worth it.

D

Deleted User

Of course the U.S is the first in the Western world. Nintendo probably thought you'd invade Japan if you didn't get yours before everyone else.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i just wish we had a choice of what 10 games we wanted. wrecking ball, ice climber, donkey kong jr., ?? =(

they didn't even bother to add real time save. =/

-another world

additional features come later when NES games start showing up officially in the e-shop, and you'll abe able to redownload the updated version. it was all explained in the Ambassador program information. All we're getting right now is a 'raw' playable game, pretty much the same as it was on the original console.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Hanafuda said:
Another World said:
i just wish we had a choice of what 10 games we wanted. wrecking ball, ice climber, donkey kong jr., ?? =(

they didn't even bother to add real time save. =/

-another world

additional features come later when NES games start showing up officially in the e-shop, and you'll abe able to redownload the updated version. it was all explained in the Ambassador program information. All we're getting right now is a 'raw' playable game, pretty much the same as it was on the original console.
At least we have a "Quick save/Pause"that remembers our place when the game is closed.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkStriker said:
Super mario bros! The rest can go and get lost
smile.gif

Mkay...
rolleyes.gif

Just finished downloading all 10 plus the certificate. Will check out SMB first, but I can't wait to go back and play both Zeldas -- it's been many, many years. And Ice Climbers -- nostalgia overload. Wasn't all that excited before, but for some reason seeing the games actually on my 3DS and the idea of being able to play mini versions of the games on the go has me all hot and bothered.

D

Deleted_171835

Another World said:
Isn't the 3DS supposed to be a perfect NES emulator. After all, the vertical resolution of the 3DS is the exact same as almost all NES games. 240 pixels?

Now, I have to find an open wireless connection for me to use so I can download these games.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
SoulSnatcher said:
Another World said:
Isn't the 3DS supposed to be a perfect NES emulator. After all, the vertical resolution of the 3DS is the exact same as almost all NES games. 240 pixels?

Now, I have to find an open wireless connection for me to use so I can download these games.
Seeing Nintendo, I won't expect perfection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: 80s are the new 20s. +1