Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
QUOTE said:
AMD has decided to drum up interest in its latest Magny-Cours 12-core processors with a new competition, aimed at crowdsourcing ideas for making the most of a 48-core server.

As announced on the AMD at Work blog by director of server and workstation product marketing John Fruehe - via ARN - the competition asks users to write an essay or blog post - or for the more theatrically-minded, create a video - which describes in no more than five hundred words just what could be achieved with a server running four 12-core Magny-Cours processors.

The prizes on offer for doing AMD's marketing are pretty sweet: the lucky winner will receive a quartet of 12-core 2.2GHz Magny-Cour processors - to be called the Opteron 6174 once it has officially launched - along with a copy of Windows Server 2008. In order to build a system using the prizes, the winner will also receive a Tyan S8812 quad-socket motherboard - although the DDR3 RAM will have to be purchased separately, and with the board supporting up to eight DIMMs per socket it could prove an expensive prize once all is said and done.

source

WOW!

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I guess the source was posted on march 2010,but yeah it gives the idea of 12 core processor
wacko.gif

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
shakirmoledina said:
*raises hand* U could put your computer specs in the sig and boast about having 12 cores. OR u could build a ps3 emulator with infinity graphics
You mean infinite? Infinite graphics generation is already possible, one problem though: where to store it? Also, I don't see anyone using an emulator for GameCube and up without a GPU.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old news but yeah 12 Cores would be fucking EPIC! I would keep the insides of my PC clean everyday if had that many cores
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I want this floormat!