some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My computer BIOS got corrupted, blah blah.
So, when I try to restore it using the AMIBOOT.ROM method, described here: http://www.biosman.c...osrecovery.html
The computer searches for the file and the USB thumb drive lights start flashing. After 5 seconds, the lights stop flashing, and IT LOOKS LIKE the computer loaded the file. But all I see in the screen is a purple screen. I can activate the num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock lights. When I press printscreen, it beeps. When I press CTRL + HOME it restarts. I think I've downloaded the right BIOS. My motherboard is the PW-945GCX.

some1ne

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
lol, I don't know. I tried to flash it with the wrong BIOS, I don't know what happened. Then I tried with the right BIOS, but I let the computer in that purple screen for 30 minutes. Then I tried to restart while holding the DEL button. The power light was flashing ( sign of HDD, CPU activity ) a bit different and it beeped 3 times. I rebooted again and pressed F2. It beeped three times, but I could hear the HDD working. So I changed the VGA cable to different outputs ( onboard graphics board, GPU ) and then I saw the Windows Login Screen. I logged in, and flashed it with afuwin and updated the boot block ( when I flashed with the other file, it flashed the boot block, so i think it prevented the system to recover properly, I don't know how I booted to windows lol ). When I restarted, the power light went blue ( it was red when it was with the wrong file ) and it showed up a CMOS error. I configured the BIOS settings, and rebooted. It booted up normally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...