OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Exactly the same here on FW 15.0.1, AMS 1.4.0
My Switch is still broken and it looks like I won't be getting it fixed for a while.
This issue must be in this set of brackets (or one of the functions called within it) https://github.com/CompSciOrBust/Amiigo/blob/master/source/AmiigoUI.cpp#L492

I can't really fix it without debugging info though. If either of you have DevkitPro installed I'd be happy to talk to you on Discord and we can fix it together. I need someone who has NX-Link so I can get console output and then I'd add some printfs in the code to see where it's going wrong.

Buffalo_Bup

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hi, when I try to use the Yellow Inkling in Splatoon it appears and work in game like the Orange Inkling (girl), how can I fix it?

CompSciOrBust

🤔
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Hi hi, when I try to use the Yellow Inkling in Splatoon it appears and work in game like the Orange Inkling (girl), how can I fix it?
That's odd. Are you sure that isn't how the game is supposed to work? If not I guess it's an issue with the Amiibo API https://www.amiiboapi.com/

You can try going in to Amiigo -> settings -> Update API cache

Buffalo_Bup

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nope, hit isn't how it is supposed to work Im sure of that

yeah, every time I set it to Inkling Yellow, even after updating the API (I do it pretty much everytime in hope of it to fix it) it still works as "Inkling Girl" (as it is referred to in the app)

CompSciOrBust

🤔
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
nope, hit isn't how it is supposed to work Im sure of that

yeah, every time I set it to Inkling Yellow, even after updating the API (I do it pretty much everytime in hope of it to fix it) it still works as "Inkling Girl" (as it is referred to in the app)
I see. My Switch is bricked (and has been for months) so I can't look into fixing the bug unfortunately. I suspect that it might be an off by 1 bug though. Is the yellow inkling directly above / below the inkling girl Amiigo store?

Buffalo_Bup

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see. My Switch is bricked (and has been for months) so I can't look into fixing the bug unfortunately. I suspect that it might be an off by 1 bug though. Is the yellow inkling directly above / below the inkling girl Amiigo store?
it is 5 slots above, could I edit 1 of the files to fix it?

CompSciOrBust

🤔
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
it is 5 slots above, could I edit 1 of the files to fix it?
Yeah that's bizarre. I think the issue might be with the Amiibo API not Amiigo itself. Do you have Discord? I have an idea for how we can test it but since I don't currently have a working hacked Switch (hoping to get mine repaired this summer) I can't test it myself.

Buffalo_Bup

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that's bizarre. I think the issue might be with the Amiibo API not Amiigo itself. Do you have Discord? I have an idea for how we can test it but since I don't currently have a working hacked Switch (hoping to get mine repaired this summer) I can't test it myself.
yeah I do have Discord, do you want me to ping you in the server? (I have a different account name)

KillBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, there.

When I use amiigo, I can no longer access the Homebrew menu -- either from the applet mode or while holding R when launching a game -- until I fully restart my Switch.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? And perhaps is it emuiibo's fault?

Thanks!

CompSciOrBust

🤔
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Hey, there.

When I use amiigo, I can no longer access the Homebrew menu -- either from the applet mode or while holding R when launching a game -- until I fully restart my Switch.

Thanks!
That's very strange. I've never heard anyone report that before. What actually happens when you try? Does it crash the console? Or does it just launch the album / game instead of the Homebrew menu?

KillBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's very strange. I've never heard anyone report that before. What actually happens when you try? Does it crash the console? Or does it just launch the album / game instead of the Homebrew menu?
Yeah... I didn't clarify that, sorry!

It just launches the album or the games normally.

I have my Atmosphere configuration set to "hold R" to launch BOTH the applet (via album) and normal versions of the Homebrew Menu, so maybe the issue lies there?

But I've tried pretty much all the combinations anyway in the situation with amiigo -- tried holding every button and also without holding any.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

CompSciOrBust

🤔
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Yeah... I didn't clarify that, sorry!

It just launches the album or the games normally.

I have my Atmosphere configuration set to "hold R" to launch BOTH the applet (via album) and normal versions of the Homebrew Menu, so maybe the issue lies there?

But I've tried pretty much all the combinations anyway in the situation with amiigo -- tried holding every button and also without holding any.
Huh. I used to have my HB Menu setup to launch when R is held too. I have no idea why that might be happening, unless I'm braking HBL in someway. Does it only happen when launching Amiigo? No other homebrews cause the same problem?

KillBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. I used to have my HB Menu setup to launch when R is held too. I have no idea why that might be happening, unless I'm braking HBL in someway. Does it only happen when launching Amiigo? No other homebrews cause the same problem?
I'll have to test it a bit more, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen with DBI, NxActivityLog, Checkpoint or RetroArch, which are pretty much all the homebrews I use.

Further info: I'm using amiigo 2.3.2 from GitHub and didn't change any settings in the app.

Either way, thanks for the quick responses! And it's just a minor inconvenience as I can still use one amiibo each time )and wasn't really planning on using them that much, anyway).

CompSciOrBust

🤔
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I'll have to test it a bit more, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen with DBI, NxActivityLog, Checkpoint or RetroArch, which are pretty much all the homebrews I use.

Further info: I'm using amiigo 2.3.2 from GitHub and didn't change any settings in the app.

Either way, thanks for the quick responses! And it's just a minor inconvenience as I can still use one amiibo each time )and wasn't really planning on using them that much, anyway).
No problem. It's probably something with my code then, although I don't know what it might be since it always works for me. What other system modules do you have installed? Also how do you close Amiigo? The + button? Home button? The Exit button?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey, there.

Thanks!
I have the same behavior even open a Issue on Atmosphère's github repo. never relation that to emuiibo, will do test this night.

KillBunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... a bit more of testing.
Hope it helps and I'm clear enough.
(Otherwise, here's a bunch of random text, haha)

First of all, following linuxares suggestion, I've tried to check my sysmodules.
I didn't mod the Switch myself, but using Hekate Toolbox (v4.0.2) I only see emuiibo, MissionControl and sys-patch as background services.
Tried everything below with ONLY emuiibo enabled.

It really doesn't seem to happen with other homebrew apps -- tested with some functions on DBI, RetroArch (which can't run at all on applet mode) and Checkpoint with these combinations: using both
applet and normal before launching a game and via applet mode while any game is running.

Then I tried using amiigo via applet and normal menus, closing it with the 3 methods CompSciOrBust said: +, Home and the app's Exit button -- but note that with + and Exit I only get to the Homebrew Menu and still have to press Home to go further back anyway.
Still getting the same bug.

Something I noted, though.
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Mario Kart 8, the bug only occurs AFTER usign the amiibo functionality, while in Captain Toad it triggers as soon as the game launches.
Related to that, if I'm already running Captain Toad and use amiigo through applet mode, the function won't work unless I restart the game (this method works with Mario Kart, and it triggers the bug afterwards).

Anyway, as it may be a problem with emuiibo rather than amiigo, sorry for taking your time!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
On my tests disabling all modules using Sysmodules OVL and restarting, the HBL loads without problem even after executing TOTK, tested with several titles and no problem.

Then enable emuiibo and Restart the console. everything works fine.

then I did enable all my sysmodules and the problem can not be reproduced!!

hope keeps like that.

May be disable some modules on the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Right where it belonged. :rofl2: