Not open for further replies.

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
exactly what i'm saying

i had installed already with the same key, which ninty provided, i uninstalled and reinstalled, doesnt work, post a pic of it working...
i don't know why that is, maybe cause you merged the one you had with the one i provided, the thing works perfectly, the guy who gave me the key installed the key before me and it worked for him too, so yeah totally on your part
upload_2021-1-11_19-4-59.png

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
it works

delete C:\ProgramData\Unity

and reactivate

they key i have is exactly the same
happy to hear that, i didn't have unity or anything on this pc so i guess that helped clean things for me from the start, anyway, i do get some weird compiler error that i am trying to fix, also im guessing the key is one and only

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
do you have any idea how to fix this, im probably missing some little thing like a total idiot :D

Environment variable 'CTRSDK_ROOT' is not set indicating N3DS SDK is not properly installed.
at ArmccCompilerSettings..ctor () [0x00020] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\N3DS\Editor\Managed\ArmccCompilerSettings.cs:13
at UnityEditor.N3DS.Il2CppPlatformProvider.CreateNativeCompiler () [0x00001] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\N3DS\Editor\Managed\Il2CppPlatformProvider.cs:85
at UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder.Run () [0x0009e] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPipeline\Il2Cpp\IL2CPPUtils.cs:153
at UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPUtils.RunIl2Cpp (System.String stagingAreaData, IIl2CppPlatformProvider platformProvider, System.Action`1 modifyOutputBeforeCompile, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry runtimeClassRegistry, Boolean debugBuild) [0x0000f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPipeline\Il2Cpp\IL2CPPUtils.cs:41
at UnityEditor.PostProcessN3DS.PostProcess (BuildTarget target, BuildOptions options, System.String installPath, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String stagingAreaDataManaged, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry) [0x00146] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\N3DS\Editor\Managed\PostProcessN3DS.cs:200
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you mean the actual dev download from nintendo. They unfortunately cut that about a week or two ago. Which only really leaves google to try and find any bits of that.
Gee, but we didn't get a bunch of threads about "Nintendo is teh satin and need to support 3ds for the next billion years and also make mario for playstation they are terrible!!!1!".

You can't possibly expect that to do anything.

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
by reinstalling the sdk
But i just installed it and rebooted my pc, see when i install it, it does ask me for a directory name, i just went with "SDK" but idk, do i need to place it somewhere for unity?

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
But i just installed it and rebooted my pc, see when i install it, it does ask me for a directory name, i just went with "SDK" but idk, do i need to place it somewhere for unity?

i installed via ndi, it gave me the option to add the sdk to my path/environment variables automatically

Preloading

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is definitely possible..... but a NID Or what it is called will have to die in the process. Unity for the 3DS has discontinued a few weeks ago. Multiplayer will probably not be a problem considering they released it to the switch, but it is 100% possible, just not as good quality, and we would need to wait for the airship map where they will find a better way to load the different maps. And we would need to decompile Among Us (I have been working on decompiling it.)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i don't know why that is, maybe cause you merged the one you had with the one i provided, the thing works perfectly, the guy who gave me the key installed the key before me and it worked for him too, so yeah totally on your part
View attachment 241418
Shaders

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My 3DS unity project (and the 2017.2.5 version that comes with the SDK) are working just fine for me.
As someone said before here, Nintendo dropped support this year so no legit/legal way to download the SDK and stuff necessary for developing on Unity for 3DS anymore. Apparently it still works just fine if you had it installed already

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
My 3DS unity project (and the 2017.2.5 version that comes with the SDK) are working just fine for me.
As someone said before here, Nintendo dropped support this year so no legit/legal way to download the SDK and stuff necessary for developing on Unity for 3DS anymore. Apparently it still works just fine if you had it installed already
we're working hard to make it work, and we will push a tutorial when done: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65710913/unity-fails-to-build-due-to-il2cpp-part-2 , https://archive.org/details/unity-for-3-ds

Last edited by MxRed,

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
we're working hard to make it work, and we will push a tutorial when done:

To make it build I did the following:

1: Download Unity from your link

2: Run the setup file in the ARMCC_Nintendo/Installer folder

3: Set the ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to "path to extracted UnityFor3DS folder/ARMCC_NINTENDO_5/sw/info/nintendo-anyhost.lic"

4: Download and install CTRSDK from NDI

5: Make sure the CTRSDK_ROOT environment variable points to the ctr_sdk folder of the SDK you just installed

Now Unity should build

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
To make it build I did the following:

1: Download Unity from your link

2: Run the setup file in the ARMCC_Nintendo/Installer folder

3: Set the ARMLMD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to "path to extracted UnityFor3DS folder/ARMCC_NINTENDO_5/sw/info/nintendo-anyhost.lic"

4: Download and install CTRSDK from NDI

5: Make sure the CTRSDK_ROOT environment variable points to the ctr_sdk folder of the SDK you just installed

Now Unity should build
so `C:\Nintendo\SDK\SDK\ctr_sdk` not `C:\Nintendo\SDK\SDK` GREAT!!

Last edited by MxRed,

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Yes thats it
i get this now....

Unable to create banner and icon
"C:\Nintendo\SDK\SDK\ctr_sdk\\tools\CommandLineTools\ctr_makebanner32.exe" -nobnr BannerSpec.bsf "C:\Users\redha\UP2\3ds test2\Temp\StagingArea\Icon.icn"

stderr[

]
stdout[
MAKEBANNER FATAL ERROR: Language "English" LongName is necessary for region "All".
]
at UnityEditor.N3DS.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.N3DS.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) [0x00038] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\N3DS\Editor\Managed\Command.cs:74
at UnityEditor.PostProcessN3DS.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.N3DS.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) [0x00016] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\N3DS\Editor\Managed\PostProcessN3DS.cs:1630
at UnityEditor.PostProcessN3DS.MakeBannerAndOrIcon (System.String stagingArea, System.String bnrPathName, System.String cbmdPathName, System.String iconPathName) [0x00157] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\N3DS\Editor\Managed\PostProcessN3DS.cs:843
at UnityEditor.PostProcessN3DS.CreateCCI (Boolean developmentBuild, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 cfaList, System.String installPath, System.String stagingArea) [0x000cb] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\N3DS\Editor\Managed\PostProcessN3DS.cs:952
at UnityEditor.PostProcessN3DS.PostProcess (BuildTarget target, BuildOptions options, System.String installPath, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String stagingAreaDataManaged, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry) [0x003b4] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\N3DS\Editor\Managed\PostProcessN3DS.cs:285
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Set the LongName property for english then try again
yeah i figured it out already, now it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll start development of among us 3DS as soon as possible

Reactions: peteruk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought I saw a puttie snatch...