Status
Not open for further replies.

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When i try to boot without the sd card, the light flashs blue for a sec and turns off
Then you either don't have the file on your firmware for sd'less boot, or its mismatched.
In both cases(if you used Luma with a9hl) i would say jump to Section VI in the finalizing setup part of the guide.
This Will install the newer luma to the 3ds itself, though like always make backups of your nands.

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i try to boot without the sd card, the light flashs blue for a sec and turns off
sounds like your average brick but can also simply be the incorrect luma version heres what i want you to do . . . get a clean sd card and try different luma versions starting with 7.0.5 (the last al9h version) all the way up to 8.1.1

Last edited by wormdood,

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sounds like your average brick but can also simply be the incorrect luma version heres what i want you to do . . . get a clean sd card and try different luma versions starting with 7.0.5 (the last al9h version) all the way up to 8.1.1
Could i use the one that i currently have? I don't have any spares

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In that case backup the files on the sd card, format and then only placing the minimal necessary files on it.
Alright, btw i have a backup of my sd card a few days ago before installing boot9strap, that would technically be useless now since a9lh wouldn't actually work right?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, btw i have a backup of my sd card a few days ago before installing boot9strap, that would technically be useless now since a9lh wouldn't actually work right?
parts of it are useless (keep it) . . . but its recommended to make a new backup whenever you attempt to screw with your console

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If boot9strap has been installed into your console, whatever cfw was on that sd card or any other files that relay on a9hl will be useless.
The rest has still full usage unless you formated your 3ds and thus chanced the id's.

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If boot9strap has been installed into your console, whatever cfw was on that sd card or any other files that relay on a9hl will be useless.
The rest has still full usage unless you formated your 3ds and thus chanced the id's.
parts of it are useless (keep it) . . . but its recommended to make a new backup whenever you attempt to screw with your console
Is the boot.firm.sha file important to put on the sd card or just the boot.firm?

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When i put the Luma 7.1 boot.firm on i get "An error has occurred: unsupported launcher (argc = 0)."

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only the firm should be needed.
to add to this it's likely luma3ds . . . so i would not even worry about either one as the luma3ds download will contain a new boot.firm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When i put the Luma 7.1 boot.firm on i get "An error has occurred: unsupported launcher (argc = 0)."
on to the next one

Reactions: Greymane

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
to add to this it's likely luma3ds . . . so i would not even worry about either one as the luma3ds download will contain a new boot.firm

on to the next one
The rest you told me to do give me the exception occured except Luma 7.1 which give me an actual error

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that error on 7.1 means he has bs9 1.3 so the fact that he cant boot with newer releases suggest a faulty nand . . . in this case i would say a ctrtransfer is in order
I went on discord and someone asked if i tried this, do you think this might fix it? https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-troubleshooting

That would be the best option besides full nand nuking(backup reinstall, will delete anything done after it was made), step I/II https://3ds.guide/ctrtransfer.html.
Should do the trick then, though the version of the ctrnand are might not be the ones he needs, they be 11.5.
I went on discord and someone asked if i tried this, do you think this might fix it? https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-troubleshooting

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that error on 7.1 means he has bs9 1.3 so the fact that he cant boot with newer releases suggest a faulty nand . . . in this case i would say a ctrtransfer is in order
That would be the best option besides full nand nuking(backup reinstall, will delete anything done after it was made), step I/II https://3ds.guide/ctrtransfer.html.
Should do the trick then, though the version of the ctrnand are might not be the ones he needs, they be 11.5.

EDIT: did you have menuhax installed?

Last edited by Greymane,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Greymane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel