OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Hello Tempers!

Today has been an exhausting day.
My first class was English. We discussed Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis and linked it to dehumanization in various forms. Good stuff, but I felt like only the best English-speakers including me were talking.
Later I had Mathematics. All we did was factorisation. It's really boring, and a bit difficult.
I ended after that at 12.40
I then had to quickly eat some lunch, and run off to the train station to meet my father.
We walked down into a music store.
('Splainin' part: the past 10 days, I've been sketching a music studio for myself, to be in use with mic's, various guitars, synths, amps, etc. The point being that so many different combinations should've been possible on a 600 $ budget. It turns out it wasn't.)
At first, I present the list of desired items to the clerk standing there. He frowns a little, takes off his glasses, polishes them quickly, places them back and says:
"Son, you know that the mic you're choosing is a LIVE MIC? And you're going to need 48V phantom power for the condenser mic your gonna choose instead of that Shure SM58 you had in mind? Did I mention the XLR/MIDI-USB interface you're missing?". It was the single moment in my life when I knew that it was possible to read minds. I swallowed saliva and started thinking "Ooooooh deeear. Am I screwed?".
But something very surprising happened instead. Seeing that he was educated, I was expecting a drawn-out annoying lecture.
Instead, the kind man smiled a little, and I got something like this:
"I know right off that this is the first sound systems you're making. You're making some mistakes, obviously, but that's okay. You know what? I'm an audio engineer here, I helped make a beginners set for studio's. It comes with some of these things, are you interested?"
He included a great mic with a pop filter, a mic stand, software with samples, and AudioBox, and all cables needed. The barebones of studio, essentially. The cost was 500 dollars, and I realized it wouldn't get much better than this (keep in mind, Sweden's companies have an expensive taste and monopolize the music production industry here. A mic that should cost 90 £ costs 110 £...), so I took the great offer.
And I have yet to turn back after setting it all up.
Great day, great day....
Besides this, I went to a concert of a 7-man band. All members are friends of mine since 7 years ago, so I'm obviously supporting them. They're called No Disc (Alt. Rock/On-the-verge-of-progressive), and they played a gig together with the bands Redout (Alt. Rock), Carubine (Experimental Rock/Metal) and Valley (Rock). When Redout was playing, they threw out some copies of their EP towards the crowd, and I caught a copy! They're really good! Definitely worth supporting/checking out. Mind you, these are underground bands from Sweden: Some of them make weird music, but I still like it.

'Til next time,
adios,

Ace Faith

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
Sounds like you got a really nice deal, I'm glad for you.

Indeed I did. It's been hectic ironing out the startup issues and planning. But I'm glad that stage is over (Recording is relaxing xDD)

QUOTE(SmokeFox @ Jan 22 2011, 02:07 AM) Yo, i would love to live in Sweden, it is such a magical place, with all the stories and tales, youre luck ace.

It's only nice because I'm a teenager with the money to support my own hobbies. I know people who have it a lot better than me, and people who have it much worse (Seeing how you live in Brazil, let's just say a few of my close friends live in conditions like "Las Favelas"). I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd get this far. That's why the only option is forward
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k