• Total voters

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I Cant see this thread ending well :P

See Post above you know some iPhone user will get offended and this thread will get rather hot with the flames.

I Use iPhone personally but I am not much into This is better than This sort of things it just turns into fanboy flame wars xD
Both sides have there ups and downs IMO

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Both are good in their own ways really.

Android simply cannot defeat the Apple integrated ecosystem.
Apple simply cannot match Android customizations, even with jailbreaks!
But I find the Play Store much more amusing than Apple's App Store because the possibilities are pretty much endless.

I'm leaning towards Android for phones.

That said, I noticed a LOT of android phone users are using Samsung.

In terms of TABLETS, I still must say iPad is king.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Both are good in their own ways really.

Android simply cannot defeat the Apple integrated ecosystem.
Apple simply cannot match Android customizations, even with jailbreaks!

That said, I noticed a LOT of android users are using Samsung.

I've always had very bad luck with Samsung phones, like this for me is a side mention outside the flamewar to be iOS vs Android

Like even older feature phones last few I had

J400, After 1 year 1 month it went bats**t crazy started making its own calls, rebooting itself and even the speaker inside would make the same noise you would hear if your getting a text but you put your phone too close to an amp, wasn't abused or anything was still in pristine condition

S6700, After about a year and a half every time I used the slider the screen would loose some colours and / or the whole phone would hang till I closed the slider again and waited 2 mins

Hell I got a Samsung Corby behind me a friend gave me because after 6 months the touchscreen just stopped working for no reason

If I ever jumped over to android no way would it be a Samsung they seem to hate me :S Irony is even my old HP iPAQ RW6815 (Windows Mobile 5) is still going, Every other brand of phone I get never fail only Samsung lol now im not saying Samsung is BAD im saying I have never had a good long lasting experience with one of there phones.... there HDD's on the other hand...

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
iOS strength is games, most relevant games are released exclusively for iOS unfortunately...

On the other hand, there are android phones from many companies, with different range of prices, different specs, etc... Also, Android is full of apps, many of them for free, and you have more freedom to use your device the way you want.

Between those two, Android is clear winner for being more open

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Android is the best for any tech geek due to customizability.
iOS is the best for others due to ease of use.

Yet, my dad swears to iOS and he's as much of a tech geek as I am, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

There's also the fact that iOS has more apps/games, but a lot of apps and games that aren't on Android either have an equivalent on Android, or get ports later on. It just takes some time.
And that's overshadowed by the fact that almost everything costs money on the app store, unlike Android.

And come to think of it, does iOS even have widgets? I can't recall that feature last I used it, and it's a rather big deal.

But personally, being a tech geek, I'm never going to go back to iOS ever again. My iPod touch has been collecting dust for a few years now.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
In terms of apps iOS wins out. It just has the better devs working on it.

In terms of the actual operating system I prefer Android. It's just not as boring and there's more things I can do with it compared to the iPhone. I like all the widgets I can get, the Notification System is just tons better than iOS's and overall it just feels like a more personalised experience compared to an iPhone.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I've always had very bad luck with Samsung phones, like this for me is a side mention outside the flamewar to be iOS vs Android

Like even older feature phones last few I had

J400, After 1 year 1 month it went bats**t crazy started making its own calls, rebooting itself and even the speaker inside would make the same noise you would hear if your getting a text but you put your phone too close to an amp, wasn't abused or anything was still in pristine condition

S6700, After about a year and a half every time I used the slider the screen would loose some colours and / or the whole phone would hang till I closed the slider again and waited 2 mins

Hell I got a Samsung Corby behind me a friend gave me because after 6 months the touchscreen just stopped working for no reason

If I ever jumped over to android no way would it be a Samsung they seem to hate me :S Irony is even my old HP iPAQ RW6815 (Windows Mobile 5) is still going, Every other brand of phone I get never fail only Samsung lol now im not saying Samsung is BAD im saying I have never had a good long lasting experience with one of there phones.... there HDD's on the other hand...
Some people buy Samsung for the sake of fighting back against Apple. I find it absolutely childish. Buy a phone that suits you best.

Personally (for Android), I prefer HTC's designs. But Samsung's hardware specs does seem more appealing.

I voted for Android because for a mobile phone (which is definitely a more common device) it is simply more personal. Customizable, pretty cool Play Store content and daring phone specs. Or maybe I don't play games on my iPhone, that's why. Tablet wise I must say Android still has a long long way to go. It's good, but Apple has it much more established.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive owned both and I have to say I prefer ios to android, its just alot sleeker and nicer, ok admittedly everything you need to do customization wise needs a bit more work but having a linux background helps with that, I can script everything I want the phone to do and with it jauilbroken it has cydia apps for everything i need it to do.
Android I find clunky and in my opinion a little boring

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
And the good thing on Android is, you can have your own style, like if you are a gamer just fill it with tons of games and emulators, if you love music fill it with music, or if you love movies and youtube videos just go ahead.

Dammit Google nailed it.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Android... More free apps, customizable OS, and better and more modern specs. I’ve never had an iOS device but I’m willing to give it a go on my next upgrade.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I have both, SGS3 and iPhone 5. I have points I like and dislike about both sides. However I won't say one is better than the other because they were designed for different markets.

With iOS, you get 2 prices. Overpriced and way overpriced.
With Android you get a range from cheap to premium high end, and the specs also vary.
iOS is for simple people who wants it to work (clue, often it doesn't).
Android is for tweaked who like to customise the phone to their own tastes.

I use both every day, so I'll exclude myself from the flame wars by saying I'm better than the fans from either side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: