ROM Hack Animal Crossing New Horizons Item Spawning Tool

ghostbitxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest / Current enhanced Versions

I've zipped the files required in the correct folder structure to run Fabio's R2 & MyShilingStar's R6 versions.
Thank you both for your invaluable contributions and continued support.

Greets and respect to KingLycosa v0.1-0.5 & v1.0, his pioneering work and original concept. HellsAdvocate for picking up
in the interim v0.6. Thanks to all contributing to testing, reporting typos and generally having fun using, and your
positive/constructive feedback. SkyQueen for P3-P4 , Rydogs List

Please click the link https://we.tl/t-po69v4MgK3 to download R2 and R6

Content :
2 zipped folders ,
ACNH Pokers.rar 138 MB for your PC desktop containing 2 versions FabioCapella & MyShilingStar
Switch Micro SD Files.rar 62.2 KB so the Poker can connect wirelessly to your Switch.

There are almost 8,300 items in the item list not including all variants / customisable items, some are catered for.
The whole set of 595 recipes are included.

Before you can use these you will need your IP address that the Switch is connected to the wi-fi with

System settings > Internet > IP address

*** Warning ***
Prior to playing with either of these, SAVE-YOUR-GAME, in case you mess things up.

If you create an item/recipe that has no description on your switch, please do not drop it on the ground.
Chances are you won't be able to pick it up. You can push it to an area out of the way or to somewhere
you can build over with i.e. tent, house, bridge, incline or if you have the island editor (terraforming)

Versions and features

MyShilingStar R6
If you are starting out then this is for you, nice simple interface, can't do too many things wrong with this.

Slots 1-40 P1 to P4 pokes, Save/Load 40 slots, Network connect/disconnect, separate modes to handle items/flowers/recipes, clear all, spawn all
Eat 10 items (full belly), spawn variations in slots 21-30 by using quants 0-9 (experimental), Hex/Decimal mode for manual item override / input
[F1] Delete [F2] or [INS] Insert [F3] Copy, Auto/Manual refresh slots 1-40, Right click on item to Delete or Copy, Auto saves IP address, Island name displayed

FabioCapela R2
You have a lot of access to play around in the memory with this version, so a little more risky spawning items that shouldn't really exist

Slots 1-40 P1 only, Copy item Right click, Display island name and current ACNH Game version, Auto and manual update slots 1-40
Flower genetics, Tool Durability, Patterns and Pro Patterns, set Turnip prices Mon-Sat, Curt Amibo summons, Bugs and Fish spawning frequency

Kru5h Image Pack,
added alot of missing images when we moved to the Full item list based on the json file parsed by MySS

Known issues,
Doesn't like Edizon/Tesla, weird spawning, unexpected items, switch it off or remove it altogether or boot vanilla Atmosphere , or reboot to Fusee
Doesn't work with SXOS, or basically any other prog that will access the same memory, Doesn't like FTP.

Some items in the full list are linked to events or aren't in game items so you may get a message 'cant use that here' or can't pick them back up
if you drop them on the ground. These items are few and far between but I can edit the name in the list at some point with 'Do not use' or remove them
from the master list. It's not the end of the world :)

Spawning Fish and Bugs you can sell them, give to Blathers to appear in his museum collection. They do not appear in your Critterpedia.
You still need to catch these for them to be part of your collection.

Other resources

https://nookplaza.net/
https://villagerdb.com/
https://nookipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
https://www.cheatslips.com/game/animal-crossing-new-horizons
https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-...-engineering-glitches-bugs-etc-thread.560199/

The Download Link Expires on 20 May 2020

Have fun, Regards

This is a great write up. I really believe we (meaning you :) ) should create a new thread since KingLycosa hasn't been around at all lately. And I don't think he plans on doing much more with this tool considering he's not happy with it being used for people with modded switches to make a profit off of people without modded switches on sites like eBay. And rightfully so.

It would be great to have a new thread where we can keep the OP updated with the most recent updates to the most recent versions, FAQs, etc. Is that something you'd be willing to do?

catlady77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting empty presents with this one. I choose an item to spawn and then there's a present in the inventory slot then it's empty when I open it.

Any ideas?

A REBOOT DID NOT FIX IT AS PREVIOUSLY POSTED.

redo your sysbotbase installation. Like delete the associated files and completely do it over. And then reboot. That’s what fixed me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is a great write up. I really believe we (meaning you :) ) should create a new thread since KingLycosa hasn't been around at all lately. And I don't think he plans on doing much more with this tool considering he's not happy with it being used for people with modded switches to make a profit off of people without modded switches on sites like eBay. And rightfully so.

It would be great to have a new thread where we can keep the OP updated with the most recent updates to the most recent versions, FAQs, etc. Is that something you'd be willing to do?

yeah I suggested this cause we have new people coming in and having the same problem

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I see that on r6 the quantity/amount has changed completely if i recall is it 20/40/60 etc for new colors

Reactions: ghostbitxd

Kru5h

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Happy to contribute, MySS has access to update the initial post on page 1 and has added my last guide

We do need a better front page or post to cut down on the amount of repeat queries or issues
Wondered why King hasn't been here for a while, shame cos he did some great work in getting this off the
ground and must have put in a lot of hours, just on images alone.

Personally I'm really grateful for this and didn't really want to be disrespectful by starting a new thread, after all this is still his baby,
with a few adoptive parents ;)

I did ask him for access to upload on Github but he never came back but I think he was poorly for a while,
Most of the info is posted here or via wetransfer / dropbox which isn't great TBH.

Reactions: ghostbitxd

ghostbitxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might just bite the bullet and also mess with sysnand cfw online. I hate switching between ofw and cfw. So you've visited other islands while on cfw using achnpoker injecting items?
You do you, but I do want to point out that the only confirmed ban we have had a user report over in the ban thread was them running CFW and visiting other islands. Obviously mileage may vary but you're putting your console at risk, at a time when the market is selling used Switches for $400+ (if you're lucky to even find one). If you really feel like taking the risk and modding while on sysNAND, I would at least do all of the modding via this item spawning tool while offline and/or using 90DNS. Then only go online after you have done the modding. Personally I would perform a hard reboot on the console as well after you're done modding, because if it's anything like the Linux kernel where the kernel ring buffer gets emptied after each reboot, that might also mitigate some of the logs that make its way from your console to Nintendo's servers. All of this is just my opinion, and as I said, you do you.

catlady77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do you, but I do want to point out that the only confirmed ban we have had a user report over in the ban thread was them running CFW and visiting other islands. Obviously mileage may vary but you're putting your console at risk, at a time when the market is selling used Switches for $400+ (if you're lucky to even find one). If you really feel like taking the risk and modding while on sysNAND, I would at least do all of the modding via this item spawning tool while offline and/or using 90DNS. Then only go online after you have done the modding. Personally I would perform a hard reboot on the console as well after you're done modding, because if it's anything like the Linux kernel where the kernel ring buffer gets emptied after each reboot, that might also mitigate some of the logs that make its way from your console to Nintendo's servers. All of this is just my opinion, and as I said, you do you.

cfw switches getting banned is expected but people are also worried about their unhacked switch getting banned simply for connecting to it. how can you fish on the cfw with another switch connected to it if it requires wifi? or did i read it wrong

ghostbitxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfw switches getting banned is expected but people are also worried about their unhacked switch getting banned simply for connecting to it. how can you fish on the cfw with another switch connected to it if it requires wifi? or did i read it wrong

If I'm understanding your question (and correct me if I'm wrong), two systems do not need internet/WiFi to connect to one another. For example in ACNH, when you go to the airport and choose to connect to a local Switch, it mentions cutting off the internet. This is because ACNH (and some other games) use ad hock networking and not your internet/router (not to be confused with the term WiFi). In short, the two Switches connect directly to each other - not via your router if that is what you're referring to.

obs123194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yeah I've been doing 90DNS on sysnand cfw recently with acnhpoker. The dude who said he was banned I think he was lying. He never showed proof. Also from many discords cfw itself doesn't get you banned

catlady77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm understanding your question (and correct me if I'm wrong), two systems do not need internet/WiFi to connect to one another. For example in ACNH, when you go to the airport and choose to connect to a local Switch, it mentions cutting off the internet. This is because ACNH (and some other games) use ad hock networking and not your internet/router (not to be confused with the term WiFi). In short, the two Switches connect directly to each other - not via your router if that is what you're referring to.

yeah im aware. but in my situation, i have 2 switches. one is cfw and one is not. I'm referring to the person who posted about connecting locally, then fishing with the fish spawn cheat on. Unsure of the ban risk. Also how can that spawn cheat still be running if you need to be on wifi for the Poker to work? does that make more sense

ghostbitxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah im aware. but in my situation, i have 2 switches. one is cfw and one is not. I'm referring to the person who posted about connecting locally, then fishing with the fish spawn cheat on. Unsure of the ban risk. Also how can that spawn cheat still be running if you need to be on wifi for the Poker to work? does that make more sense

Okay I believe I understand.

For your first question of the ban risk of an unmodded Switch visiting a modded Switch, I don't see how that could ever pose a possible ban - I've seen a few members here state the same thing. Nintendo banning a console for connecting to a modded console I would think is nearly impossible. I'm positive that in all the times I've booted up Mario Kart, Splatoon, or SSB legit and got online to play against others, back before I even had a modded Switch, I connected to users definitely using cheats/mods. But that's not something that I can control, and I'm not going to get banned for that.

For your second question, while you do need to be connected to your local area network to use the Pokers, you do not need to be connected to the internet. For example, I have a static IP address set up for my modded Switch - it will always pull 10.0.0.69. Then in my router's configuration, I block all external access to that device, meaning it will never be able to send or receive any data that is not from within the local network. That allows me to do things like connect to it via FTP or use Poker, without it actually being connected to the internet. Do you need to do all that? Who knows, but ultimately it's up to you. But all of this comes with a risk.

Reactions: catlady77

catlady77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shit my next question is - where did you get a static ip? that's not cheap.
well wait, i think nord gives a static ip i wanna set that up now, sounds like a good plan.

ive been playing locally connected while spawning via edizon and literally nothing has happened to my unhacked.

ghostbitxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shit my next question is - where did you get a static ip? that's not cheap.
well wait, i think nord gives a static ip i wanna set that up now, sounds like a good plan.

ive been playing locally connected while spawning via edizon and literally nothing has happened to my unhacked.
You can assign yourself any private static IP address you'd like within your own router. It's not a service you need to purchase. If interested, look at the model of your router/modem and Google how to set up static IP addresses within your own network. For me, it's as simple as logging into my router, and telling it to only allocate X.X.X.X IP address to the MAC address of my Switch. I also do this for other devices I frequently connect to that I don't want the IP address to change (i.e. smart devices, my HTPC, servers, etc).

Reactions: catlady77

SavageThieves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I originally implemented it is counterproductive to that, unfortunately. I'm working on it (unticking everything bugs me too), but as the "fix" I'm working on will include a total replacement of that UI element it might still take some time.

Sounds good to me! Take all the time you need :D,

appreciate the effort from all of you involved.

FabioCapela

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A new release of my version. What's changed:
- New UI for the critters. On the negative side, it's slower and you have to deal with a scroll bar; on the positive side, you can now disable all critters of a single kind with one click (or restore their regular spawn times/chances), reorder the list alphabetically, and there are icons for each critter (or inanimate thing that spawns like a critter).
- Implemented similar shortcuts as MyShiLingStar's version (F2 or Ins to spawn, F3 to copy the selected slot to the spawn slot, F1 to clear the spawn slot) in the name of consistence.
- Settings are now stored to an ini file in the same folder and with the same name as the executable (meaning you can have multiple executables with different names in the same folder and they will each have a different ini file). Currently only stores last IP address used and whether inventory autoupdate is enabled.
- The app now knows that bush starters are supposed to stack.
- Changed the file extension for pro patterns in order to maintain compatibility with NHSE (and fixed a couple bugs there while at it).
- The Tab key behaves in a more predictable way.
- A few other bug fixes and optimizations.

As always, you need an items.cvs file (such as those provided by Kru5h) in order to use it, and the source is included.
Edit: Updated the file to include some bugfixes.
Edit 2: Now with a fix for an issue that could crash the Switch.

Attachments

• ACNH Poker FC V3d.7z
    127.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited by FabioCapela,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...