ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Heck no, again those static red roses... What should I do?
I'm going to upload the garden.dat I injected, wait a minute:
(Awful town, I know, I'm concentrating on other things like my catalog first)
How can I upload the .dat file?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I just used an older save, edited the NAND checksum and did everything in the game myself, sorry, though still don't have a yellow hibiscus bush even when I placed a y.-hibiscus start in my pockets. Guess I'll go Club Tortimer later. Sorry, that's the only thing I could think about, I never learned something about tech, but just do everything that seems about logical to me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By the way, when editing the face, I assume the eyes the bottom character has are #1, are they? (Male, of course)
Animal_Crossing_Coverart.png

I have those small, centered eyes (#7) and want to try the cover one out.
And yes, they still exist in New Leaf.

Yeah, that's the problem! Use the search function and add yellow hibiscus (not y.-hibiscus), forget about thouse weird named items, they are unused furniture.

Here you have an image with all faces sorted from 0 to 11 (left to right, top=male, bottom=female):
http://usuaris.tinet.cat/mark/acnl_editor/faces.png

Aww it didn't work, it just said that the save data was corrupted, rip old town </3

Do the old QR codes for injecting RAM still up? I want to use my brothers unupdated 3ds to use spider injection and get my town back
I'm pretty sure you did something wrong. Did you fix the security NAND value?

Yes, the RAM method still works. However, the QR method is not supported anymore. Read the new instructions here.

Really confused with the homebrew method firmwares. My 3DS is 9.9.0-26U. Is it compatible for the home brew dump method? Thank you.
Yes, read the instructions.

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Yeah, that's the problem! Use the search function and add yellow hibiscus (not y.-hibiscus), forget about thouse weird named items, they are unused furniture.

Here you have an image with all faces sorted from 0 to 11 (left to right, top=male, bottom=female):
http://usuaris.tinet.cat/mark/acnl_editor/faces.png

I'm pretty sure you did something wrong. Did you fix the security NAND value?

Yes, the RAM method still works. However, the QR method is not supported anymore. Read the new instructions here.

Yes, read the instructions.
Ahh, y.-hibiscus was what I used, sorry. I did everything way too fast, I think, thanks for clearing it up!
Or the problem might have been myself using an old save with only replacing the old garden.dat with a new garden.dat.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Is there a thing still for the old RAM editor?
I just found out how to use it and this new one is very confusing.

If anyone still has the links to it that would be great
The RAM editor is exactly the same.
If you are talking about the new method to dump/inject RAM, then I'm not going to give support for the old method anymore. I got a lot of whinings because of the server (which is not mine) hosting the old files, and I got tired of that. Sorry.
Yes, it's possible to use the old QR method:
Dump QR
Inject QR
But it's not my problem if the server is down, I can't fix that.
There's a way to "erase" grass? I wanna use it for my paths.
There must be a way, but it's not documented so I can't add that feature to the editor.

McHueHue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used this which worked quite well. I made alot of changes. I read about the warnings of course.

Thing is, about 2 days irl (I don't time travel) booting up new leaf, during the loading with the little bus in the corner will freeze then I'll get kicked to the home menu saying its gonna reset.
I managed to get back into the game by reimporting my last edit. Of course again about 2 days later it crashes on the town load.

Now I been reading/lurking and people say it crashes randomly maybe during online or going into main street or into the train station. Or simply asking to delete the save cause its corrupted.
I'm just trying to figure out what might allow you to play for a few days then when the town loads (like on the main menu) it crashes where you can't even reset the town.

I moved the town plaza tree, resale shop, cafe and police station. varies pwp moved and villager houses, even my own. Tons of new trees and bushes. Bamboo (cause why not).
I thought it might be the bamboo since it likes to grow new ones and if maybe I put it in an invalid spot it might try to bury it leading it to crash on new day load.
I don't think it could be the trees/bushes since I've seen towns with massive amounts edited in and no problems.

Does anyone else have some info on these problems with crashing? Maybe I glanced over something a post here about it idk.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
So I used this which worked quite well. I made alot of changes. I read about the warnings of course.

Thing is, about 2 days irl (I don't time travel) booting up new leaf, during the loading with the little bus in the corner will freeze then I'll get kicked to the home menu saying its gonna reset.
I managed to get back into the game by reimporting my last edit. Of course again about 2 days later it crashes on the town load.

Now I been reading/lurking and people say it crashes randomly maybe during online or going into main street or into the train station. Or simply asking to delete the save cause its corrupted.
I'm just trying to figure out what might allow you to play for a few days then when the town loads (like on the main menu) it crashes where you can't even reset the town.

I moved the town plaza tree, resale shop, cafe and police station. varies pwp moved and villager houses, even my own. Tons of new trees and bushes. Bamboo (cause why not).
I thought it might be the bamboo since it likes to grow new ones and if maybe I put it in an invalid spot it might try to bury it leading it to crash on new day load.
I don't think it could be the trees/bushes since I've seen towns with massive amounts edited in and no problems.

Does anyone else have some info on these problems with crashing? Maybe I glanced over something a post here about it idk.
That problem is related to moving PWPs probably. Everyday it passes (even if you don't play) the game does some edits to the savegame, specially with neighbors data.
It's still unknown what causes this :-(

Do you have a backup?

When I go to ACNL: RAM > SD in my Bookmarks on my DS, it says Error 404 Page Not Found Marc Robledo?
That's because you removed a character you didn't have to ;-) Please check the URLs and try again.

Reactions: Boytoxic38

McHueHue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That problem is related to moving PWPs probably. Everyday it passes (even if you don't play) the game does some edits to the savegame, specially with neighbors data.
It's still unknown what causes this :-(

Do you have a backup?

Sadly, unlike other times this happened, and I used the backup it worked, this time it didn't.
However though since I played yesterday and it crashed today, I actually set the time back on my 3DS clock to yesterday (since I can't even get into my character menu) and voila I'm playing again.
The game still says its sunday. .........

So it might to do with PWP's? Interesting. I knew someone said If you move the train station or crossing arms it will crash. Anything else I thought would be safe.
Ok so this is what I have: Bus stop right next to train station on the left, the billboard I moved to the left of the bus stop. The cafe is on the right of the cobblestone train station up against the fence, same for resale shop and police station. The town hall I simply moved to another spot. Nothing surrounding it or by any walls. I moved my house into the center of town plaza and put the tree 3 spaces on the side.

So maybe it has to do with pwp being close to pwp or the edge of the world/train fence. I don't know if anyone noticed or said anything about this but I noticed PWP's collision box (the spaces surrounded the pwp) override the game worlds collision. I wonder if having pwp breaking the games boundaries does the crashing. idk I just want to solve this issue.

So actually in risking my 2+ year town data, I'm gonna edit my town when it crashes until it...well stops crashing on new day load. Assuming it doesn't also corrupt the save when it loads...

SilverGhost420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Step by Step Guide For 0% Chance Of A Corrupt Game File.

Hello. This is a step by step guide for using the homebrew's save_manager to have a completely 99.9% chance of not corrupting your 3DS Games.

1. Start Your Game Up Then When it has fully loaded the game u can close it making sure not to power off.
  2. While Your 3DS is still on load the homebrew channel.
  3. Make your way to the save_manager and save your game data with the button A.
  4. Take Your SD Card to your computer and insert it.
  5. Take Your file or file's And copy them in a folder that's not on your SD Card Make Sure you do not edit these with a ram editor.
  6. Rename The files to anything you want the ones you have stored in your safe folder for back up if anything was to go worng.
  7. Now use any ram editor that u need to modify your game file with also make sure it's not the one's you have stored away In the safe folder also make sure the one's you edit have the original name. (Example: (main or garden.dat)). Main for Pokémon and garden.dat for ACNL.
  8. After editing your files rename them to anything you want.
  9. After renaming them put then on your SD Card in the folder:" saveDataBackup".
  10. Rename them back to there original file names. (Example: (main or garden.dat)). If u think that u do not need to rename the file think again. As the file is reset to the original file size because in the move/copy process the file can receive unwanted bytes that can cause the save to be corrupted. So renaming it will refresh it making any added bytes to be removed.
  11. Put your SD Card back in your 3DS and restore the game file with the button B.
  12. Start your game and it should be done you have your new hackd game file.
Note: Renaming the file help me a lot as I like to play ACNL lots I was using the ram editor a lot. I would restore the file then later I was going to restore a newer file. Then my data got corrupted then soon all file's turned out to be corrupted but I knew they were not. The only file save I have that would not get corrupted was a file I have named something else. So then I renamed a file that was showing as corrupted and put it on my SD Card. Then I renamed it when it was on the SD Card. Load the the 3DS up and restore the file started my game. And that Corrupted file that showed Corrupted was no longer Corrupted.

Also. This is the being used with the homebrew save_manager.

GamerTeakay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:-O
You can't add a PWP in your town with my editor. What did you exactly do?

Huh? I added a Classic Police Station and waited a few in game days for it to show. It showed up two days later, but I was able to walk through it. After saving and reloading, it was solid and Booker was inside and everything.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Huh? I added a Classic Police Station and waited a few in game days for it to show. It showed up two days later, but I was able to walk through it. After saving and reloading, it was solid and Booker was inside and everything.
Yeah, but the editor doesn't add PWPs.
If you had to save and reload, I suppose you were using the RAM method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work