ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
prowler_ said:
machomuu said:
prowler_ said:
machomuu is sure butthert about this thread.
Nah, the quote was just bothering me, that's all.
So, for a month now, a quote has been bothering you and now you reply to it?

Sure is butthert in here

Focusing a bit too much on the whole thing aren't you?

Sure is butthert in here

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Sure is butthert in here
You couldn't keep yourself from repeating his words, "Sure is butthert in here", couldn't you?

Sure is butthert in here

tpi.gif

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Honestly, I don't consider Anime cartoons.

For me, in my mind, the definitions of both are different.

Anime's usually tend to have an overall story, like a movie. While cartoons (from what I seen), change every week. I think that's why I like FMA because it has one grand story. Cartoons, well when I hear that, I think of like South Park, Simpsons, King of the Hill, Futurama...

Western animation can have continuity (Futurama is pretty reliant on it, actually, and the other 3 shows, while often just sticking to the status quo, do at least reference previous episodes. Gargoyles, the DC and Marvel animated series from the 90's and onwards, at least, etc. also heavily rely on continuity). Easter Animation can also not have continuity, or at least, have very loose anime (it tends not to only because they are often based on the serialized stories in manga).

Seriously, I hate it when people use that definition, because there's really no truth to it. They are still both cartoons; calling either one a "cartoon" doesn't mean it's somehow inferior.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gahars said:
Seriously, I hate it when people use that definition, because there's really no truth to it. They are still both cartoons; calling either one a "cartoon" doesn't mean it's somehow inferior.

I'm going to keep using that definition. And who said anything about it being inferior?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Gahars said:

I'm going to keep using that definition. And who said anything about it being inferior?

Because that's the obvious implication; that using the word "cartoon" is somehow demeaning, and must be avoided at all costs.

Saying, "They're not cartoons, they're anime!" just comes off as pretentious and elitist.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gahars said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Gahars said:

Because that's the obvious implication; that using the word "cartoon" is somehow demeaning, and must be avoided at all costs.

Saying, "They're not cartoons, they're anime!" just comes off as pretentious and elitist.

Wow. Cartoon isn't demeaning at all. Umm, hello, ACME cartoons. Anything but bad. It's different art styles. Like I said, every Anime I've watched, has one big story. Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragonball Z (I find it has a better continuous story than Dragonball), Chobits just to name a few. And I compare them to what I see on TV, The Simpsons and all the other shows I listed don't have a continuous story. They make references sure, but it's not part of a story.

@riposte - Are you seriously trying to start shit or something?

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
riposte said:
lol...

-snip-

too much
Too much what?

Too much hilarity in the following:

1. That you would think I don't know how to close a blog after you sent me a PM a couple weeks ago titled "Well, since you locked you're thread" (great use of "you're" by the way
wink.gif
)

2. That you think your PMs to me are kept between the two of us
tongue.gif

3. That you were curious enough to go voodoo on this thread. I'm guessing you read through every page trying to find that quote somewhere...
tongue.gif

@ShadowSoldier
Where did I initiate anything? There is no shit to start and I am far from serious. Dude woke up a thread from weeks ago to ask me where my signature came from rather than simply PMing me. I posted a screencap of his PM because of how silly the situation was.

...and at no point up until now was I even talking to you
wink.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:^ I kind of knew you would post it, or at least reply and/or reference it in this thread.
Also, I still don't know where that quote is from, my only question about it is who it was or wasn't about on the previous page, I simply came to the thread and asked. I didn't even bother to look for it, if you wanted it to be found you would have quoted yourself instead of quoting the words themselves.

Gahars said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Gahars said:

Well it can come off as what it wants, and I don't mind if people think I'm pretentious or elitist. Quite frankly, I don't care if they take the implication as my meaning or not. The reason for this is because they'd be wrong, so I don't mind.

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
EDIT:^ I kind of knew you would post it, or at least reply and/or reference it in this thread.
Also, I still don't know where that quote is from, my only question about it is who it was or wasn't about on the previous page, I simply came to the thread and asked. I didn't even bother to look for it, if you wanted it to be found you would have quoted yourself instead of quoting the words themselves.

That quote was from the post I linked 2 pages ago. It written by me as a shallow attempt at humor in a thread about cartoons. I didn't realize I needed to do a bibliography entry for a quote of my own.

updated my sig...is that better?
wink.gif

@Vulpes

[youtube]rSjK2Oqrgic[/youtube]

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
Gahars said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Gahars said:

Wow. Cartoon isn't demeaning at all. Umm, hello, ACME cartoons. Anything but bad. It's different art styles. Like I said, every Anime I've watched, has one big story. Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragonball Z (I find it has a better continuous story than Dragonball), Chobits just to name a few. And I compare them to what I see on TV, The Simpsons and all the other shows I listed don't have a continuous story. They make references sure, but it's not part of a story.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Mitsudomoe
Strawberry Marshmallow
Pani Poni Dash!

None of 'em follow a story, they're purely comedic. Except the last two episodes of Strawberry marshmallow tie together.
Anime and "cartoons" can be purely comedic and not follow a story, or they can follow a story. There are lots of cartoons that have a story it follows instead of just being purely comedic/random.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Hells Malice said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Gahars said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Gahars said:

Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Mitsudomoe
Strawberry Marshmallow
Pani Poni Dash!

None of 'em follow a story, they're purely comedic. Except the last two episodes of Strawberry marshmallow tie together.
Anime and "cartoons" can be purely comedic and not follow a story, or they can follow a story. There are lots of cartoons that have a story it follows instead of just being purely comedic/random.

Not sure since i haven't seen it, but would Avatar be a good example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme