Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah you indeed did, but, sorry but this one has quite a lot more more information about it... In your thread, you only said it was announced, while this one here has good info on it... Not exactly detailed enough, but still quite good...

In fact, even right now, I still don't have all the answers I'd like, since I don't know how the cards will work... If they will work just like a flash card, or rather as an E-Card...

- ViNcE989

Octavious

Trophies
Website
geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
as a reply to the guy who thinks that you have to go and buy the seperate things only, listen to this. Every game system that was ever put out was supposed to be the same way. you buy the macheine and then the games and they get rich. I'm more than sure someone out there will want to cheat the system again and will find a way to put what you want on a sort of "empty re- write card" I mean look at the forum "utilites" there will be some one who will come through for us cheap guys ( sorry if that affends ne 1, im the same way) i hope that helps
wink.gif

mekaxero

I am the alpha, and the omega
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a great idea, too bad it was copied off of something else, just like the GBA SP design was.

Taken from GP32news.com:
"After the GBA looking like a GPi and using the same kind of battery, AM3 developps a SMC reader for GBA/GBA SP which will allow players to read texts, watch videos,... well I think I don't need to explain to you what you can do with a SMC in your handheld system !

It's now official that Nintendo love Gamepark's ideas very much, indeed, they're copying all of them !

After that the japanese firm will fight against piracy and Illegal copy ! the world is up side down !
Moreover such accessorie is bound to help their work...

When will they release a RF module ???"

Note:
I support both GBA and GP32, as both have their perks, it just seems odd that Nintendo is making things that Gamepark has already done.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
This is a great idea, too bad it was copied off of something else, just like the GBA SP design was.

Taken from GP32news.com:
"After the GBA looking like a GPi and using the same kind of battery, AM3 developps a SMC reader for GBA/GBA SP which will allow players to read texts, watch videos,... well I think I don't need to explain to you what you can do with a SMC in your handheld system !

It's now official that Nintendo love Gamepark's ideas very much, indeed, they're copying all of them !

After that the japanese firm will fight against piracy and Illegal copy ! the world is up side down !
Moreover such accessorie is bound to help their work...

When will they release a RF module ???"

Note:
I support both GBA and GP32, as both have their perks, it just seems odd that Nintendo is making things that Gamepark has already done.
It's the other way around..
It's Gamepark copying GBA. =)
Hey remeber, Cartridges are better than Smart Media Cards.

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Cartridges are better than Smart Media Cards

I'm sorry, but I'm REALLY not sure about that... The maximum for cartridges is 256M, while the Smart Media Cards already go to 256mb ... They have a lot more room than cartridges, and they are smaller too, so...
happy.gif

- ViNcE989

mekaxero

I am the alpha, and the omega
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i don't understand how Gamepark is copying GBA, as the GPi has had a prototype for at least half a year, and now the GBA is copying the SMC idea, it seems as tho i shall stick to my point.

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
first of all this smart media reader was not made by Nintendo, so why do they say that GBA is copying GP32
wink.gif

2) smc were not invented by GP32 so why do they think that ithey should be a gp32 exclusive? heheh

who knows?

Omero

Former Admin
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.net
XP
Country
Italy
QUOTE said:

I'm sorry, but I'm REALLY not sure about that... The maximum for cartridges is 256M, while the Smart Media Cards already go to 256mb ... They have a lot more room than cartridges, and they are smaller too, so...
happy.gif

- ViNcE989
There are even special 512 MB smart media
smile.gif
Very expensive, but that's it
smile.gif

That's... 4 gigabits space
smile.gif
32 times bigger than the biggest GBA game (currently, 128 mbits)
smile.gif

Even bigger than 90% of the PSX roms, nearly of the size of a full CD
smile.gif

Undercover Flip

Trophies
Website
joners.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

happy.gif

- ViNcE989
There are even special 512 MB smart media
smile.gif
Very expensive, but that's it
smile.gif

That's... 4 gigabits space
smile.gif
32 times bigger than the biggest GBA game (currently, 128 mbits)
smile.gif

Even bigger than 90% of the PSX roms, nearly of the size of a full CD
smile.gif
They are called "ISOs" silly =P

Anyways I am gettin it first day it comes and if I can pre order it guess what? I'll preorder it =D

T

tsb_hcy

Yummy space. Do you think you will need a flash linker? Hope not...
No of course you won't, you just need a smart media writer. But they should ship with them really otherwise it's not much use. The price is a lot cheaper than I imagined it would be!
You can buy writers for under $10, and most of us probably already have one. I got two for free when I purchased other devices and two of my printers have PC card slots that came with adapters for every type of card. The question is, how long will it take for someone to get the codec and make an encoder for us.
smile.gif

T

tsb_hcy

Initially thought this might be a good idea - but I think I'll stick to one of the video jukeboxes coming out later this year. Low res - limited colours and expensive storage media all count against it. $300 for a 20 gig hard drive attached to a full colour hi-res screen capable of playing DIVX files seems like a better idea to me.
$300 for a 20 Gig HD? You can get an 80 or maybe even a 120 Gig drive for that. I feel sorry for you. Where do you live?

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now we just need a company to make a device that has it's own chips for handling saves, so the smart card can plug into it and be used for roms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍