• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Another School Shooting

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 6,547
  • Replies 87

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cinto is still from portuguese origin. The proper word is "cincho"atleast from when refered to in spanish. It looks like a lot of people are mispronouncing it. I will stop from venturing into this though.

That’s why I said more likely. I carefully worded it like that to try to avoid a comment such as yours from happening.

ok. even if you say you were not speaking in absolutes, how is a comment "such as mine" even a bad thing in the context of this discussion either way? differing points of view are still a good thing my friend.

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,
D

Deleted_413010

OP
I personally believe in responsible ownership( I am not a gun owner but sensible self defense discussion would be interesting to hear for once), but that would entail people not owning something that is used in a warzone or battlefield.

I do believe in that myself

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
About the fatherless mass killers... Is there a less politically tainted study than the Heritage Foundation one about it ?
I tend to avoid their publications, not really neutral.
God, let's hope one day the CDC will once again be able to study gun mortality.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Cinto is still from portuguese origin. The proper word is "cincho"atleast from when refered to in spanish. It looks like a lot of people are mispronouncing it. I will stop from venturing into this though.

ok. even if you say you were not speaking in absolutes, how is a comment "such as mine" even a bad thing in the context of this discussion either way? differing points of view are still a good thing my friend.
I won’t go too deep into it anymore but didn’t the Portuguese travel to South America. There are many Latinos including Mexicans with last names of Portuguese origin. Cultures and languages and words mix all the time. Spanish itself is a European Language. And we have many words in English of Japanese origin, Sushi and Tsunami. Even if English speakers aren’t of Japanese origin they still use Japanese words because language travels fast.

It’s not a bad thing. And I always know there is exceptions. But when talking about overall and trying to figure out what’s going on and if there is an underlying theme, that’s why I even mentioned those posts at all. Especially in a topic about school shootings and there seems to be a pattern of Fatherless homes. Or even on Black on Black violence.

Last edited by SG854,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP

Another one. I'm guessing folks are like "just another day" because this has been normalized.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems the recent STEM School shooting was perpetuated by a drug user and a he-she transitioning into something they aren't. Legalize drugs and encourage mental illness. Seems their policies are working!

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Slow down Nancy. :)

People having the notion that they are born in the wrong body, arent the stablest mentally - while going through their "process". If they are on legal drugs because of it, or related issues - dont turn this into a "and thats really the issue" issue.

Also, dont take an isolated case, and pitch it against an entire group of people. Or you are not a single bit better than the "its videogames fault" folks, or the ones that blame it on judas priest. ;)

Cause, effect - legal drugs usually shouldnt trigger psychosis. (Not an expert on that stuff, but I assume). Aside from alcohol, that is.. ;)

And again, the reason that you are seeing more of those people around, probably is, that we have gotten rid of privacy as a concept, and now are trying out other methods of letting them integrate into society. You are seeing more of them, thats all. Its not "spreading" if thats your fear...

;)

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Youtubebox +1