Rumor AntiPiracy extreme measures from ninty !

True or not?

• YES

• NO

• MAYBE

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiseDan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
with the last 16.0 update, a new era of antipiracy has begun.
hardware cripple is on the way like microshit did to their console a decade ago (hdd cripple)
ninty has plans to inject some code to destroy eMMC NAND Flash IC if it finds traces of non proprietary code on sd card (yes, the ability to read sd card for malicious programs exists since 15.0 fmw)
++please comment here this rumour++
!source: a japannese forum! (not allowed to post link)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hardware cripple is on the way like microshit did to their console a decade ago (hdd cripple)
ninty has plans to inject some code to destroy eMMC NAND Flash IC if it finds traces of non proprietary code on sd card (yes, the ability to read sd card for malicious programs exists since 15.0 fmw)
that's highly improbable. I'm sure devs would've mentioned this with "don't update." plus, that would be a very slippery slope, Nintendo doing something like that.

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If this was actually the case I would expect SciresM and the rest of the scene to immediately issue a notice and this to be all over the front page and to be all across the internet. Code red basically. Is the person who said this on the Japanese forums a hardware researcher, developer or has any kind of credentials?

The closest thing I've seen Nintendo to doing this stuff is breaking homebrew applications not even piracy stuff when the update HOS stuff but that isn't intentional is just a side-effect of changing stuff.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this where true than there would have been posts posted everywhere already

This is just some random nonsense lol

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I rather wait for like Hekxyz, Zoogie, TuxSh, SciresM or someone else reputable to prove it. I have a hard time thinking Nintendo would cause hardware faults.
I’m feel like atmosphere wouldn’t have been updated to support 16.0 nearly as fast as it was if this where true

Especially since ScrisM has been trying to rewrite each function as close to original as possible

Reactions: binkinator

langston

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Mr klipsch would say "Bull shit"

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Long time I heard bullshit like this.
Nintendo won't ever brick consoles just because there's "piracy-code" on an SD Card.
If they find out your console is hacked, they'll ban you, but they won't "destroy" the eMMC NAND.
How can ANYONE believe shit like that?

Yeah I rather wait for like Hekxyz, Zoogie, TuxSh, SciresM or someone else reputable to prove it. I have a hard time thinking Nintendo would cause hardware faults.
Don't worry, this is a bullshit rumor. If Nintendo would've tried that, they'd done it very early in the NX lifespan.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is illegal in EU. If this would be true, Nintendo would play stupid game and win stupid prizes.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Long time I heard bullshit like this.
Nintendo won't ever brick consoles just because there's "piracy-code" on an SD Card.
If they find out your console is hacked, they'll ban you, but they won't "destroy" the eMMC NAND.
How can ANYONE believe shit like that?

Don't worry, this is a bullshit rumor. If Nintendo would've tried that, they'd done it very early in the NX lifespan.
It is. Always posts without proof.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could perhaps ban you, but they're certainly not going to brick the device.
And even if they did try to implement something like this, if you keep all your Switch hacking stuff on a separate microSD card, like I do, it's not even an issue.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post a screen cap? Smells bullshitty2me.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While I think this is BS, I don't know why everyone is "Nintendo would never do such a thing", everyone already forget about the intentional bricking of region changed Korean Wiis?

Nintendo already crossed that line.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That would be highly illegal, in this universe at least. They can't purposely brick hardware that you own and paid for. If they did that, they'd be forced to repair/replace it for free, and likely be sued for damages on top of that.
Maybe the person who spread this rumor came from an alternate dimension?
Not gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: