OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I picked up a 3DS a few months ago, and it's been great but I've had major issues since I've switched to a 8GB microSD card (using an adaptor since I have a o3DS XL). Mainly, issues with the 3DS crashing randomly. I've ran H2testw and nothings wrong with the SD. The only way I can really get information on the issue is when ACNL crashes since I'm using the Vapecord plugin:

191308337-d6f08600-6ba5-40ec-b735-aa0673c36dba.jpg

This reports a data abort error with what I assume to be the garden.dat file, which is interesting since I'm not saving any data as you can see.

I've also experienced issues with crashes in nds-bootstrap and CTGP-7.

ExperiencersInternational

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does it crash without the plugin?
I haven't done extensive testing of it without the plugin, but I've experienced crashes in CTGP-7 and using nds-bootstrap to play DS games (in my case, I've experienced issues with Animal Crossing Wild World and Mario Kart DS in nds-bootstrap)

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll try right now, but I don't expect disabling Lumas plugin loader is going to make any difference.
I will say that it hasn't crashed yet, reproducing the same steps that I've done, I'll do a bit more gameplay to check it doesn't crash somewhere else.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think a plug made for 3DS games could interfere or cause problems for DS games. I would recheck the sd card with h2testw. It has to be completely empty before running the test. And it's an 8GB microsd? It should be atleast a decade old at this point, i would suggest replacing it regardless..

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think a plug made for 3DS games could interfere or cause problems for DS games. I would recheck the sd card with h2testw. It has to be completely empty before running the test. And it's an 8GB microsd? It should be atleast a decade old at this point, i would suggest replacing it regardless..
It was already empty, and I don't see the point of replacing an SD card just because of the size, the biggest SD card I own is a 128GB one used in my Switch, all my others are 16GB or below.

I did originally think it was an issue with my SD adaptor, but I replaced it and it was still happening. I'm starting to think whether the allocation size I set might have played a factor in it as well? I'm pretty sure I set it to 65K (highest Windows supports).

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was already empty, and I don't see the point of replacing an SD card just because of the size, the biggest SD card I own is a 128GB one used in my Switch, all my others are 16GB or below.

I did originally think it was an issue with my SD adaptor, but I replaced it and it was still happening. I'm starting to think whether the allocation size I set might have played a factor in it as well? I'm pretty sure I set it to 65K (highest Windows supports).

You can try 32kb and 64kb cluster, but I doubt cluster size would cause it to crash.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format it as FAT32 32kb cluster size. As for the sd card adapter, make sure it's in the unlocked position..

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I picked up a 3DS a few months ago, and it's been great but I've had major issues since I've switched to a 8GB microSD card (using an adaptor since I have a o3DS XL). Mainly, issues with the 3DS crashing randomly. I've ran H2testw and nothings wrong with the SD. The only way I can really get information on the issue is when ACNL crashes since I'm using the Vapecord plugin:

View attachment 328088

This reports a data abort error with what I assume to be the garden.dat file, which is interesting since I'm not saving any data as you can see.

I've also experienced issues with crashes in nds-bootstrap and CTGP-7.
So it turns out even though there wasn't an issue according to H2testw, that there was.

I've upgraded to a 64GB card and I don't plan on upgrading again, and it's pretty much been stable, but files did get corrupted when I was transferring from the old SD to the new one.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share