Any anime movie recommendations? (Spirited Away)

Galacta

>:)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tsubasa Chronicles Movie.

And Steamboy
smile.gif

Tigerstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I heartily recommend all of Satoshi Kon's films. You've got Perfect Blue, a disturbing psychological thriller, Millennium Actress, the moving life story of a reclusive actress, the whimsical and light-hearted Tokyo Godfathers (not about mafiosa as the title might suggest, but three homeless people discovering an abandoned baby and struggling to look after it and find its parents), and most recently the mind-bending Paprika, about a psychologist who enters people's dreams. Satoshi Kon's approach to storytelling is clever and fascinating in all of these, and they're all worth watching several times.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can only agree to everyone who said Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (the girl who leapt through time)! I've seen it dozens of times already and it's still so lovely! *_*

Also: The Cat Returns! (and of course Whisper of the Heart while we're at it) - I'm sure you'll like these two if you liked Spirited Away!

Shinkai Makoto's movies are to be recommended too, place promised in our early days, voices of a distant star, 5 centimeters...

Princess Arete is a nice movie too... mhhn... I think that should be enough for now. XD#

edit because I'm stupid and forget one of the most awesome movies: BRAVE STORY! *__* UTTER LOVE!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
moozxy said:
Edgedancer said:
I love spirited away but I have to ask everyone that has posted, do you use dubs or subs?
I've watched both subbed and dubbed. Ghibli dubs are excellent.
I was about to say that. Ghibli films are the exception to horrible dubs. I actually enjoy the dubbed films!

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
watch Princess Mononoke, its by the same guy as howls moving castle and spirited away if im right, If not, then oh well, its still crazy good animation and pretty awesome fight scenes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: