astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
This year, my Halloween's going to be a little more mellow, with no going to haunted houses. The most I'm going to do is give out loot bags on Halloween to the kids in my neighbourhood and play Corpse Party on my 3DS.

But I want some good horror themed anime - Corpse Party Tortured Souls is one of them, of course. What else do you guys and gals recommend?

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

Hmmmnmmm I'm definitely interested too! Something that is actually scary :P

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's see, if blood+ counts as horror anime.... Deadman wonderland, if that counts as well, then also parasyte i think is called. One i remember well is one called Tokko.

Perhaps i dunno what you mean by horror anime so i guess maybe not what you lookin for, if it was me, i would also add highschool of the dead, though maybe not ideal horror but it is one, as well as rosary + vampire, and highschool dxd. While not directly the type of thing perhaps resident evil is, with more focus on comedy and fan services, it does feature monsters and fictional folk lore creatures of cultural myth, which to me kinda fits halloween theme well. But again, hard to take seriously with additional exess of fanservice and comedy.

If you want something authintic perhaps Detecive Conan, or as it was known here in localize form, Case closed. while not consider horror, is more like mystery suspence so just a suggestion. All seriousness aside maybe watch scooby doo, not directly scary but is spooky themed. :P

Ahh i remember watching bleach with my mom, and highschool of the dead, and rosario + vampire, and even though it was mostly fan service she never said anything about it being about it or harem. Yet she can't even watch family guy. Parents huh? :rolleyes:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another
Shiki
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Blood+
Mayoiga
Shinsekai Yori
Monster
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Ah i forgot about shiki... Oh well least someone remembered... I dunno if anyone mentioned movies but is it bad if i consider Kiki's delivery service and my neighbor totoro horror? Those animations and the theme scared me when i was young. :ninja:

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elfen Lied
Future Diary
Ajin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some scenes in the Monogatari series were pretty creepy and scary imo

And next year, there's the Heaven's Feel movie and that is scary imo. I've read the VN and the words made me scared

I haven't seen it yet, but I guess Ace Attorney should be horror since pretty much all the cases from the first and second games are death investigations

Serial Experiment Lain

Madoka Magica at some part is pretty creepy, especially the Rebellion movie.

Oh yeah, Higurashi

Alchemilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first episode of Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase is plenty good on horror but don't continue it after that because the rest is spoopy and comedic. Most of the other good ones have been said already.

Oh but MoNoNoKe might also have that feeling of utter fucking piss that you may be searching for. It is very good. It isn't meant to be horror I don't think though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4