Hacking Any way to boot OFW with damaged micro SD Card reader?

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Take it to a mobile phone repair shop. Tell them that you have a video game console that needs the SD card slot replacing.
The micro SD Card reader was already replaced two times, and they didn't "charged" anything more than USD$5 because it doesn't need soldering.

The problem is the micro SD Card reader pins in the side of the motherboard (where the reader connects to), are broken. And no phone shop has told me they know/can do it.

It's a guy who specifically fixes Switch consoles who charges USD$100 for fixing that and USD$50 for fixing the joy con rail broken connectors.

• Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

Trashaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rail has nothing to do SD card
you didn't read the entire thread, the rail is related to the problem.

The console is the one with the rail connector broken, not the joycon.

ah, too bad then. your only option is either for ctcaer to see this and make a custom hekate build or to fix your switch.

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks.

Already bought two SD Card readers, but none worked. It seems the motherboard connetor for the micro SD Card Reader is broken, and I don't know how to fix it.

Yes, I know they sell that part too, but I don't know how to "solder" it.

So, just wanted to boot OFW without removing AutoRCM while I saved up money for getting someone else to fix it.
Mine stopped working and two new SD readers did not fix, I used small pliers to gently squeeze the mainboard connector ()
The micro SD Card reader was already replaced two times, and they didn't "charged" anything more than USD$5 because it doesn't need soldering.

The problem is the micro SD Card reader pins in the side of the motherboard (where the reader connects to), are broken. And no phone shop has told me they know/can do it.

It's a guy who specifically fixes Switch consoles who charges USD$100 for fixing that and USD$50 for fixing the joy con rail broken connectors.
I had an SD reader issue, 2 new ones didn't fix it, what did fix it was gently squeezing the connector with small pliers (in the direction of the red arrows) then the new SD readers both worked.

Attachments

• shopping.png
    shopping.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 31

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1