Gaming Anyone else tired of the ports?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No? Why are you? It's not like they're hurting anything, realistically speaking it takes very little effort to convert the game over as long as you have the game source and Switch SDK

I just hate the pricing. I also hate people justifications with the pricing with just small minor updates to a port of a game
That's honestly the only gripe I have, but the digital-only releases are priced very reasonably

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Honestly I'm still hoping for a Wind Waker HD port.
*cough*SkywardSwordHD*cough*

(Ok but seriously the joycon would be PERFECT for a truly accurate motion control update)

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There are a bunch of people who can't afford two systems at all, if they are Nintendo Fans and they just have Nintendo Consoles these ports are just perfect for them to play for first time, so, just don't buy it, this is not your console
If you can only afford one console and youre selecting one that has a really small library and extremely underpowered, essentially unable to handle this gen's games, just because it has a Nintendo logo on it, something's wrong with you.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can only afford one console and youre selecting one that has a really small library and extremely underpowered, essentially unable to handle this gen's games, just because it has a Nintendo logo on it, something's wrong with you.
It's portable. Some of us don't live close to our friends

Plus, I'd wager a bunch of us have decent PCs, as well

Have you heard of exclusives?
And that

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

You're kinda blind if you think everyone bought this system just cuz it has "Nintendo" on it. I mean, really. You're better than this. Cmon.

Reactions: Nightwish

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Have you heard of exclusives?
It's portable. Some of us don't live close to our friends

Plus, I'd wager a bunch of us have decent PCs, as well

And that
Guys, seriously, please read..

"if they are Nintendo Fans and they just have Nintendo Consoles"

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well the motto of all ports is:

FOR AS MUCH PROFIT AS POSSIBLE, WITH LESS EFFORT AS POSSIBLE!

if you wanna blame, blames those sheeps who purchase ports... ask them why they are so sheep...

Last edited by leon315,
Reactions: suctions

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Guys, seriously, please read..

"if they are Nintendo Fans and they just have Nintendo Consoles"

I know what you meant, but it looks like theres a problem if i get a Console over others even though its underpowered/has a small library (i dont agree, but thats not the point) just cause i like Nintendo. There are plenty of reasons to get that console, even if im a Nintendo fan/only have Nintendo consoles.

Last edited by alexj9626,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
well the motto of all ports is:

FOR LESS EFFORT AS POSSIBLE, TO GRAB AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!

if you wanna blame, blames those sheeps who purchase ports... ask them why they are so sheep...
I feel like you'd make more sense if you used Google translate..

Reactions: WeedZ

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if they are $60 instead of $40, yes I am tired of expensive ports. :P

But no, the idea of the game existing on newer hardware is always a good thing even if it is a lazy way to fill in the system's library of available games. The thing people want is more people to play their good games, so what better way than to make it possible on the most popular system they have? That is why it is done. :)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's fine, Switch has some catching up to do. One can argue that Switch should've been released instead of Wii U and it would've had a huge library by now, but the logistics and timing for that happening were just a bit off.

Even as someone who owns a lot of the ports, I'm willing to re-buy many for portable play. I'm sure I'm far from the only one.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: CallmeBerto

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I know what you meant, but it looks like theres a problem if i get a Console over others even though its underpowered/has a small library (i dont agree, but thats not the point) just cause i like Nintendo. There are plenty of reasons to get that console, even if im a Nintendo fan/only have Nintendo consoles.
I'm not saying there aren't good things about the switch. But only buying because you're a fan of Nintendo, as the guy I quoted said, is just crazy. It's like buying shitty beats headphones cause they're endorsed by a famous rapper. They're dogshit in the world of headphones but priced as top of the line. The switch is just a tablet, and mediocre at that, that runs some Nintendo software. It's shit in the world of gaming but priced as top of the line.

I understand why people like it. Portability is huge, etc. But if you have the option for one console at that price.. don't buy for the brand-name.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's shit in the world of gaming but priced as top of the line.
What? PS3 released at double the MSRP of Switch. Even $600 isn't really "top of the line" pricing, the Vive Pro HMD-only price was revealed at $800 today. That doesn't even come with a system to run it.

Point is, $300 is a very reasonable launch price.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Nightwish

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I'm not saying there aren't good things about the switch. But only buying because you're a fan of Nintendo, as the guy I quoted said, is just crazy. It's like buying shitty beats headphones cause they're endorsed by a famous rapper. They're dogshit in the world of headphones but priced as top of the line. The switch is just a tablet, and mediocre at that, that runs some Nintendo software. It's shit in the world of gaming but priced as top of the line.

I understand why people like it. Portability is huge, etc. But if you have the option for one console at that price.. don't buy for the brand-name.

Well, here is where we disagree.

I dont think its a mediocre tablet and i would get it over some consoles for the time being. I think its a good console with lots of things going for it.

But thats you opinion and i respect that then.

What? PS3 released at double the MSRP of Switch. Even $600 isn't really "top of the line" pricing, the Vive Pro HMD-only price was revealed at $800 today. That doesn't even come with a system to run it.

To be fair i think Sony realized that they fucked up big time with that price. PS4 and Pro are way cheaper.

Anyway, i agree that Switch is not expensive, or maybe that expensive.

Last edited by alexj9626,
Reactions: Xzi and WeedZ

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Ok, top of the line was an exaggeration.. but, tablet for Mario and Zelda and fully priced watered down ports for $300, or PS4/xbox without Mario/Zelda but a huge library of games running at their designed quality for $300? If you could only choose one..

Reactions: alexj9626

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Ok, top of the line was an exaggeration.. but, tablet for Mario and Zelda and fully priced watered down ports for $300, or PS4/xbox without Mario/Zelda but a huge library of games running at their designed quality for $300? If you could only choose one..

Not a fair comparison and you know why.

I would say it again. For ME, the main reason is exclusives. Mario/Zelda/Pokemon/Splatoon/Metroid/Smash. Those are unique games that you cant get in any other console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs