Hacking Question Anyone played online with SX OS yet?

darrin41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't have it yet. Waiting on my pro.
But to add to this post, I'm interested to know:

Has anyone gone into eShop while in SX?
Has anyone updated backup games yet while In SX?
Has anyone used SX, played some backups, then switched to OFW and gone online in game or into eShop?

Just curious if anything like the above causes insta bans. Id guess not, but worth tracking.
my son been online . Eshop and everything no ban. It's been a month now

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have updated a game while in SX by mistake 3 days ago but no ban yet. I think I'll just wait a bit and then try to actually play a backup online, Splatoon 2 to be specific.
Lol I don’t even know what that is
Going online with a game without a cert is like asking Nintendo to ban you dude.

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Has anyone gone into eShop while in SX?
Has anyone updated backup games yet while In SX?

That´s what i´m doing all the time, i barely restart my switch and do most of the updates officially via Wifi while i´m in SXOS. Also eShop is no problem - no bann so far.
The only thing i did NOT do EVER is going online with a xci OR nsp that has no cert. I got airplane mode on most of the time and i only turn it off when i want to have a look at the estore (mostly to see if i´m banned :lol:) or want to do updates, after that i turn it on again BEFORE i start any game.
I also use my own copy with cert of MK8 to play the xci online - no problem or bann so far.

No one can guarantee against a bann for sure but that´s what i and 2 friends of mine are doing now for weeks, everyone still alive. A 4th friend of mine did the same things we did but startet a xci copy of Doom once unintentionally while airplane was still off - the game tries to connect at the beginning (don´t know for what reason Doom needs an internet connection but it does connect at the start) and shortly after that he was banned.

Edit: Oh yeah and we also never cleared our logg files, i´m pretty sure that a 100% clear log file is kinda also suspicious to Nintendo and can flagg you.

Last edited by der:Tom,

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That´s what i´m doing all the time, i barely restart my switch and do most of the updates officially via Wifi while i´m in SXOS. Also eShop is no problem - no bann so far.
The only thing i did NOT do EVER is going online with a xci OR nsp that has no cert. I got airplane mode on most of the time and i only turn it off when i want to have a look at the estore (mostly to see if i´m banned :lol:) or want to do updates, after that i turn it on again BEFORE i start any game.
I also use my own copy with cert of MK8 to play the xci online - no problem or bann so far.

No one can guarantee against a bann for sure but that´s what i and 2 friends of mine are doing now for weeks, everyone still alive. A 4th friend of mine did the same things we did but startet a xci copy of Doom once unintentionally while airplane was still off - the game tries to connect at the beginning (don´t know for what reason Doom needs an internet connection but it does connect at the start) and shortly after that he was banned.

Edit: Oh yeah and we also never cleared our logg files, i´m pretty sure that a 100% clear log file is kinda also suspicious to Nintendo and can flagg you.
So I guess the copy of doom of your friend was without a proper cert?

TimeMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I got a second switch and had it for 3 days and it got banned lol. I wasn't careful of course. I frequently installed NSP Games and used XCI games and for most of the games I used my switch to update them. I'm assuming it's all the nsp games that got me banned but glad I got my second switch

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So I guess the copy of doom of your friend was without a proper cert?

You´re right ^_^
The thing is you don´t even have to click on multiplayer or something like that inside the game, the moment you start it while connected to the internet all your friends can see what you are playing and so does Nintendo, also there are many games out there which automatically connect to their servers (which do need N-server check also) cause of highscore lists, friend options, etc.

So again this is NO GUARANTEE that´s just what has been working for me now for a month or so without getting banned.

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm continuosly running SX OS and I'm playing with my own, self made card dumps almost daily. So far no ban.
I do everything pretty much the same as I would in OFW, accessing EShop, play online, etc.

As long as you're not doing illegal shit you seem to be good to go! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyF2XUm4n8U