Hacking Question Anyone played online with SX OS yet?

don_luca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@sychotix got a good point. We're giving for granted that SX OS is doing everything correctly but the truth is that we do not know really.

One thing is sure: the dauth is produced correctly otherwise we wouldn't be able to download the game updates and it's not even known if this is just a "bug" on Nintendo's part or if it is known.

Getting someone set up with wireshark could really shed some light on what's happening behind the scenes.

Reactions: sychotix

andre1891

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can you Boot into OFW after installing Autorcm? In the FAQ stands, that it only Boot with the Dongle after installing AutoRCM?

D

DeletedMember411838

As long as you don't run a pirate game while online (playing or updating), I don't think you would be banned. Just speculation.

It's not speculation. Scries already told us, the Switch logs all games played, and sends that info to Nintendo when you eventually go online.

If you use SX OS you are at a high risk for a ban, if you can't accept that, then wait till we know more.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i am not so much as playing on line , just updates , like with zelda , you go to play the game it goes there is an update download ?etc

When you update it shoots the certs to Nintendo, those certs will be the same as anyone else who pirates that same copy. If it isn't your backup Nintendo will know and a ban is highly likely.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you update it shoots the certs to Nintendo, those certs will be the same as anyone else who pirates that same copy. If it isn't your backup Nintendo will know and a ban is highly likely.

No offense, but I believe your claim is speculation. People here have claimed to update the BBB dumps which some have been stripped of their certificate (Proper releases). I haven't read of anyone diversifying if they have or have not updated a Proper dump yet, but I bet it would be allowed. I believe ScriesM's post outlines online play and validation, but nothing about if certificates are validated for game or system update's to be downloaded, since there's nothing showing us updates have been banned, only eShop and online functionality.

D

DeletedMember411838

No offense, but I believe your claim is speculation. People here have claimed to update the BBB dumps which some have been stripped of their certificate (Proper releases). I haven't read of anyone diversifying if they have or have not updated a Proper dump yet, but I bet it would be allowed. I believe ScriesM's post outlines online play and validation, but nothing about if certificates are validated for game or system update's to be downloaded, since there's nothing showing us updates have been banned, only eShop and online functionality.

The updates haven't been banned as no one has pirated games yet.

Now games are being pirated that changes everything. In the case of the BBB titles, there hasn't been many people using them.

Once Nintendo starts getting 10,000 requests from the same game cart is when bans will happen. Scries did say that even when you play the game offline it registers the cert, then when you go online the certs are uploaded, to give you your eShop coins.

Updates have nothing to do with it, the first time you put the cart in and hit play it's now in the q to be told to Ninty you have that game with that cert.

sychotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The updates haven't been banned as no one has pirated games yet.

Now games are being pirated that changes everything. In the case of the BBB titles, there hasn't been many people using them.

Once Nintendo starts getting 10,000 requests from the same game cart is when bans will happen. Scries did say that even when you play the game offline it registers the cert, then when you go online the certs are uploaded, to give you your eShop coins.

Updates have nothing to do with it, the first time you put the cart in and hit play it's now in the q to be told to Ninty you have that game with that cert.

Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't the certs empty? If you read back in this thread (at least I think it was this one), people have reported attempting to run pirated games online and they immediately get the game (not console or account) banned. That doesn't mean that they aren't flagged to have their console/account banned later... but nintendo is detecting them immediately.

D

DeletedMember411838

Maybe I'm wrong, but aren't the certs empty? If you read back in this thread (at least I think it was this one), people have reported attempting to run pirated games online and they immediately get the game (not console or account) banned.

If BBB is empyting the Certs, then the same will still proceed. They learned from 3DS, empty certs ain't going to fly this time.

Like I said it comes down to the coins crap. On top of the fact that you have to connect online to get the update. The coins, on surface seemed like a reward for buying games. That is an anti piracy feature from hell in reality lol.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Frexxos

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But SX is treating these titles as cartridges. You have to manually redeem the coins for cartridges. It doesn't automatically credit them to you like an eshop purchase.

D

DeletedMember411838

But SX is treating these titles as cartridges. You have to manually redeem the coins for cartridges. It doesn't automatically credit them to you like an eshop purchase.

You have to manually redeem them yes, but they are still logged. I just got Kirby the other day, and the next day I got an email saying "Redeem your coins for Kirby"

The Maunual redeem is for game sharing, so if you have multiple switch accounts you can choose which account the coins go to. They are still registered to your account as able to be registered. Get a game play it, then go online and watch your email you will see.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: m_babble

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats true but somehow nintendo have to know if the points already used by someone or the gamecard points are unused. I am sure thats some info which is shared and send feom switch to nintendo...

D

DeletedMember411838

Thats true but somehow nintendo have to know if the points already used by someone or the gamecard points are unused. I am sure thats some info which is shared and send feom switch to nintendo...

Exactly, the only reason for Maunual cart redeems is multiple accounts on a switch. Kirby is my daughters game, I may have wanted to give her account the coins not my main account. That is why the Maunual redeem. It is still logged though.

Reactions: Frexxos
D

DeletedMember411838

Feels like a giant beta test and we are the lab rats...
Everyone waiting for something to happen.
Haven't used the tx os for exact that reason of knowing nothing yet
if you only have 1 switch and care about online, that's a good idea :).

Indominusda1e

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Feels like a giant beta test and we are the lab rats...
Everyone waiting for something to happen.
Haven't used the tx os for exact that reason of knowing nothing yet
Why are people scared. the entire reason to buy this was to play back ups now you can. There's a risk involved to playing online and that's the ban if you can't afford to take the risk or can't bear to be without online play then evidently a back up loader is not for you

D

DeletedMember411838

Why are people scared. the entire reason to buy this was to play back ups now you can. There's a risk involved to playing online and that's the ban if you can't afford to take the risk or can't bear to be without online play then evidently a back up loader is not for you

Agreed but people lure people that wouldn't take that risk into a false sense of security. Like there isn't a risk, there most defiantly is, so plan accordingly, is all I'm saying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1