Anyone that owns Hogwarts Legacy and can do a test with FPS now when Denuvo been removed?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi!
Yeah as the topic say. Empress have removed Denuvo v17 from Hogwarts Legacy. It's apparently very "cancerous" that it makes slow downs. So it would be interesting to see how well it runs with her release vs. a steam copy that haven't been touched by Empress.

Anyone that can fire up like MSI Afterburner and try?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
In this case Denuvo wasn't removed so much as bypassed, it's still there and does its checks, it's just not locking you out from playing, so performance is going to be similar for the most part. Most reports I've seen on "sites" have been it's the same or slightly better, but still dips about as bad.

I can test it for sure when I get home though.

Most of the issues with the game is less Denuvo and more shitty UE code, there are mods on Nexusmods that attempts to fix some, Ascendio for example.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@Tom Bombadildo Now I'm really interested in your results. This shows the empress crack works a lot better.

Also Empress claim on her Telegram she removed Denuvo, not bypassed. (Reading second hand, no screenshot of it)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
@Tom Bombadildo Now I'm really interested in your results. This shows the empress crack works a lot better.

Also Empress claim on her Telegram she removed Denuvo, not bypassed. (Reading second hand, no screenshot of it)

Yeah, seeing a lot of conflicting stuff...

Have it downloading now, so should have a good analysis of it at some point ^_^

• Love
Reactions: linuxares

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Still downloading, so probably won't have an update till tomorrow but looking more into that video it's skewed, the cracked version is using very different graphical and changed engine.ini settings, not a valid comparison :lol:

So far general consensus is because it's technically a pre-release build she cracked, performance is about the same as normal, but we'll see tomorrow. Will have to compare fully updated version vs this one.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have the steame version, only empress, it works great with a rtx3060 laptop ( 6Gb ). But shutters happened sometimes. It seems to be optimization problem ( Can be reduced by not using dlss )

Last edited by chocoboss,

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, the one we're getting from Empress was the Early Access version, then, you mean?
yeah its the original base right before the day 1 patch, but still very playable, she said there was more problems in the first patch so she went back and cracked the original instead

Reactions: Dothackjhe

krzys4x

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hogfart deleted from hdd maybe good 4 kids 1-8 back to dishonored death of outsider atmic heart just cause 4 calisto protokol far cry and more

Last edited by krzys4x,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer