Anyone wanna help me hack my Chromebook?

JFlare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, I need help hacking my Chromebook. This Chromebook was given to me and the other students of my school, and they have certain functions on them that do not allow us to access them. ie: the school admins have the developer mode shut off and I cannot access crosh. Also, when I try to powerwash it, it has forced re-enrollment turned on, so I can not set it up how I want. It did have a blocking app on it that was installed by enterprise policy, but I was able to delete that through my own meathods. So what I need help with is completely resetting the chromebook with forced re-enrollment off and developer mode/crosh/ any other thing that may have been blocked.

It is an acer C72OP^^^^ **OK...let me reiterate... I am not able to go on to dev mode**

Last edited by JFlare,

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Uh I didn't even know that ChromeBooks were hackable. I remember last year Google was giving away $100,000 to the first person to crack it.

Maybe if you share the make and model people could be more help but I doubt it.

JFlare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there. It is an acer C72OP

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I remember last year Google was giving away $100,000 to the first person to crack it.
so, your saying that since i got enterprise policy software off installed by the school, I could get $100,000 :o

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try installing the Chrome recovery utility on a PC and create a recovery USB stick. Reboot the Chromebook with ESC+REFRESH+POWER buttons and insert the USB key. It will wipe the Chromebook partitions so you'll lose data but I'm not 100% sure it will defeat enterprise enrollment. Worth a shot though.

Posting from my C720 now, great little machine!

Edit: Found this, try it:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ha...-to-remove-enterprise-enrolment-acer-t3233013

Last edited by shaunj66,

JFlare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean the esc. refresh, power thing? i did that, and it said it would wipe the local data. It also said that developer mode was disabled. I have read that I could remove the power source a few times and reinsert it, but that also runs a high chance of bricking the device

EthanAddict

An investment to nothingness
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
you mean the esc. refresh, power thing? i did that, and it said it would wipe the local data. It also said that developer mode was disabled. I have read that I could remove the power source a few times and reinsert it, but that also runs a high chance of bricking the device

Brick it and blame the admins :P

Reactions: migles

JFlare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then they give me a new one, and then I have to start all over. It was already hard enough deleting the blocking app...

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I presume that Chromebook was given to you to do schoolwork on? That computer was given to you but is still school property and is intended for school use. What you're asking is like cutting holes in the box of the company truck to install smokestacks.

JFlare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, not forever, but i will be having it for the next 4 years. And the administrators will be washing them on the spot when we are all done. or, i might just buy it from them if i so desire...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But I really don't like the restrictions they put on it.

EthanAddict

An investment to nothingness
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
no, not forever, but i will be having it for the next 4 years. And the administrators will be washing them on the spot when we are all done. or, i might just buy it from them if i so desire...

If you are going to buy a laptop, don't buy it, chromebooks suck...

JFlare

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the thing... if I keep it nice, when they let us buy it from them... we will only have to give them $1 for it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs