Began with a bad .cia file transfer, currently unable to install the important .cia files

Koa_The_Legend

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a day before Thanksgiving(wenesday 11/23/22) I lost my micro sd card inside my chromebook because unknowingly to me, the sd card slot was messed up. It got in there because I was doing my best to move a cia file from my pc that cannot read my sd card properly to a chromebook that is able to read it and move files onto and off of it. I was trying to transfer "Azure Gunvolt Striker Pack" onto my system because the title seemed interesting and fun. Once the file transfer was halfway complete, something went wrong in my chromebook and it rejected the sd card. Thinking it was finished, I went to take out my sd card when I realized it was stuck inside with no hope of getting out anytime soon. Days later its monday 11/28/22 and I go to the school office to have my sd card taken out of my chromebook. This took a few hours because whoever they called was busy with something but that is far from the issue I have at the moment in time. When I got home I put my sd card into my 3ds and went onto fbi, seeing the only 400mb cia file whereas the usb drive showed a 800mb file. Realizing something is most defninitely off, I delete the file and go do the file transfer on the new chromebook they gave me. The sd card slot being perfectly fine, I inject it and do the file transfer once more. Now transferring all 800mb instead of just the 400, I get an error with storage. Seeing this error I thought that'd be an easy fix, going into my files and deleting tiles I recgonized and believed were just games. However I believe thats where I made the mistake, although I thought I deleted the write things, now none of my titles were showing up. Homebrew, FBI, Anemone, etc were missing without a trace. Still present in 3ds storage I figured I would redo the process of turning Download Play into Homebrew and reinstalling from there. I transfer those files back on and go to install them, as it was about to finish I get an error. Each CIA file giving the same exact error.

"Failed to install CIA file."
"Result code: 0xC92044FA"
"Level: Status(25)"
"Summary: Cancelled(9)"
"Module: FS(17)"
"Desc: FAT operation denied (250)"

Could someone help me out? I'm sorry the message is very long for context but I'm drawing a blank and I'm not sure what to do. I thought I should make a post here before continuing further and possibly further digging myself into a hole.

That1LoserGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely, the faulty chromebook corrupted the files on your SD card and/or broke your sd card, all I can say right now is copy the contents of your sd card to a safe spot on a device, format the sd card (fat32 of course) and use h2testw to test the SD card, if it fails get a new SD card.
Post automatically merged:

If h2testw succeeds then try copying a new version of the cias to the SD for installation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1