OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Screen-shot-2011-10-04-at-9.27.png
Apple has posted the iPhone 4S, associated images, and an October 14th launch date on its online store.

Apple’s Japanese site has been updated with the iPhone 4S running iOS 5 in the image mockup. The image looks identical to the iPhone 4. Apple has also posted an October 14th launch date.

Apple will unveil the iPhone 4S this morning and not the iPhone 5, and Apple just confirmed that news by adding the device name to its own website. Sprint has also been confirmed as a carrier on Apple’s website.

Banner translation:

“iPhone 4S, appeared.

October 14, from 8:00 am to launch the Apple Store. To help you choose the carrier and rate plan is right for you. staff because it sets the iPhone, and is ready to start using before leaving the store. Learn more”
[/p]

More details soon ..

icon11.gif
Via
icon11.gif
Source

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
That translation is pretty ass.

How is sales for Apple in Japan anyway?
Doesn't Japan usually go for flip phones so they can play their obscure Japanese mobile games?

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i think the big release is iOS5. i'm happy for it, now i can ditch my text messaging plan since all the people i text are on iOS.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i wasn't expecting so much focus (no pun) on the camera. sounds pretty nice. i'd probably be able to ditch my point and shoot for this... but a las, i'll be keeping my iphone for for at least another year.

oh and 1080p video capture? where is it gonna store it?

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really hoped that they would change the hardware-design, since that`s what keeping me from ugrading my 3GS! I think the iPhone 4 is too blocky...

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Siri Voice Technology is stunning! My Mom bought a Iphone 4 a few weeks ago so maybe Verizon will let her exchange it. BTW good news for Sprint finally getting the Iphone!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised that Apple didn't go all the way and just call this the iPhone 5. I appreciate the restraint, at the very least.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
prowler_ said:
That translation is pretty ass.

How is sales for Apple in Japan anyway?
Doesn't Japan usually go for flip phones so they can play their obscure Japanese mobile games?
I've heard that it's going really strong in Japan.

Anyways, I'll keep my iPhone4. The A5 looks nice, but it isn't anything I couldn't live without.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say I'm surprised but it seems the whole industry is going this way, releasing revisions with only a few improvements that could have been included the first time around. Nevertheless iphone fans who demand bleeding edge shineys should be held over till the iphone5

ImperialX

Trophies
XP
Country
The iPhone 4 was more than an incremental update to the iPhone line. It introduced the new form factor made from stainless steel and glass. To this date, I have yet to see a phone that's as comfortable or as pleasing to look at as the iPhone 4, even though it's already 18 months old. I own the Galaxy S2, and I know how awkward it is to hold it compared to the iPhone 4.

I can see why people can hate on the iPhone 4S - because this design has remained the same for two years. However let me ask you this - if none of Apple's competitors have made something better than the iPhone 4 design, what would motivate them to change it? I actually want a redesign too, but as much as it pains me to say it, no competition is driving Apple here. No one has made a phone that looks and holds better than the iPhone 4, so Apple didn't change it.

The iPhone 4 design is phenomenal. The Retina Display still has more pixels than the SGS2's display which is bigger by far - it's the flagship Android phone and reading websites on it is a pain if you switch from the iPhone (Trust me, I know). Nothing needed changing on the display aspect either. Also, you know sliding down from the top for notifications? Yeah, try doing that on a screen larger than 4". Feels awkward, doesn't it? The iPhone 4's display size not only is super sharp, but it's a good form factor for that reason also. This is why Apple didn't change the screen size.

Enough about the things that haven't changed and onto the things that have - A5 chip, more RAM, 2x faster, 7x faster graphics. The iPad 2 has proven itself with benchmarks and all that is now in the iPhone. There's nothing to say here. Even if the iPhone 4S was a redesign the internal would still be the same, and it's still a beast. Graphics look better than anything another phone can conjure up.

The camera is amazing. My iPhone 4's 5MP camera has always beaten the SGS2's 8MP. It's all about the lens, and not the pixels. Megapixles have been a myth that has fooled tons of people for years. The iPhone 4S has a CMOS backside illuminated sensor AND a high-end IR filer! Also, an unprecedented f/2.4 aperture. This is simply mind-blowing for a smartphone camera that isn't Nokia. I was ready to shell out the money for it as soon as I saw the camera specs, and that's not even the best part.

Siri is revolutionary. It will change the way people use their phones. Voice Recognition has always been around, but Apple today has made it into something actually usable. INSTANT responses. INSANELY accurate recognition. LIMITLESS commands you can say. If you're unconvinced by the video, you should have seen Apple's live demo at their keynote today. Not a SINGLE mistake and immediate response. From "Do I need my raincoat today" to "Define Mitosis" and "Find some nice restaurants nearby." - EVERYTHING just works seamlessly. In a room full of background noise. This is the core of what makes the iPhone 4S revolutionary - the first phone you actually want to talk to - and communicates back accordingly.

iOS5 brings every feature users could want to the iPhone line, and iCloud is something I've talked about and we all know about - the entire user experience is completely seamless and up in the cloud. I am extremely happy with the announcement even though I saw everything coming as shown in my predictions - and I know when people get their hands on these AAPL will climb right back up. So thank you haters - I will be making money off your ignorance.

God bless Apple. You have earned access to my wallet this year too. See you in 2012 for iPhone 5!

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So basically, since you can download iOS5 on your iPhone 4 the only improvements in the 4S is the camera and CPU? Where does it say the RAM is updated?

Looks awesome, but I'll keep my 4 until the 5 comes out!

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ImperialX said:
The iPhone 4 was more than an incremental update to the iPhone line. It introduced the new form factor made from stainless steel and glass. To this date, I have yet to see a phone that's as comfortable or as pleasing to look at as the iPhone 4, even though it's already 18 months old. I own the Galaxy S2, and I know how awkward it is to hold it compared to the iPhone 4.
I've held an iPhone 4 and my own S II and I don't find my S II awkward to hold at all, though whether this has anything to do with my large hands I don't know.

ImperialX said:
I can see why people can hate on the iPhone 4S - because this design has remained the same for two years. However let me ask you this - if none of Apple's competitors have made something better than the iPhone 4 design, what would motivate them to change it? I actually want a redesign too, but as much as it pains me to say it, no competition is driving Apple here. No one has made a phone that looks and holds better than the iPhone 4, so Apple didn't change it.
The design does look nice to me, but then again, it's not always a case of a universally accepted "best design"; often what counts as the best design comes down to opinion.

ImperialX said:
The iPhone 4 design is phenomenal. The Retina Display still has more pixels than the SGS2's display which is bigger by far - it's the flagship Android phone and reading websites on it is a pain if you switch from the iPhone (Trust me, I know). Nothing needed changing on the display aspect either. Also, you know sliding down from the top for notifications? Yeah, try doing that on a screen larger than 4". Feels awkward, doesn't it? The iPhone 4's display size not only is super sharp, but it's a good form factor for that reason also. This is why Apple didn't change the screen size.
I'd appreciate an higher resolution on my S II, yes, but at the same time, I'm happy with the resolution it has; I don't look at things on the screen and complain of pixellation (though I can read very small lettering, so if I'm zoomed out on a web page I may have to zoom in a little because the text isn't actually as visible when it's rendered small enough; that's a little nitpick). As for opening the notification bar, that doesn't feel awkward for me either. Again, whether it's because of my large hands, or the fact I often (but not always) use my phone with both hands that this isn't an issue, I don't know.

QUOTE(ImperialX @ Oct 5 2011, 08:41 AM)
The camera is amazing. My iPhone 4's 5MP camera has always beaten the SGS2's 8MP. It's all about the lens, and not the pixels. Megapixles have been a myth that has fooled tons of people for years. The iPhone 4S has a CMOS backside illuminated sensor AND a high-end IR filer! Also, an unprecedented f/2.4 aperture. This is simply mind-blowing for a smartphone camera that isn't Nokia. I was ready to shell out the money for it as soon as I saw the camera specs, and that's not even the best part.
I haven't used the iPhone 4 camera, but I'm still very pleased with my S II's camera quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: