Hacking Are Private Card Dumps Safe for Online use?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,761
  • Replies 29

NotMii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the method you're using, but someone already tested this with the SX OS and can't go online with their own private dumped XCI game. So that method may not be full proof or available for some time.
For now, I'd take it with a grain of salt. This is 1 person with 1 game, so not a big enough sample size. If I recall correctly, TX said online functionality works in one of their FAQs, it's just not recommended (with scene dumps obviously).

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I (and others I'm sure) would rather not purchase the same game twice.

Plus a lot of people, myself included, would rather physically own a game they've purchased.
Hence why it wasn't bought from the eShop in the first place.

They only NOW started getting their act together with the Switch but their eShop is still a mess. I'd rather have a physical cart than have their garbage eShop forget that I own it because my Switch got stolen/broken...

Last edited by Albytrozz,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Been reading about Nintendo's new ways to detect piracy and ban accounts. If I were to dump a game myself(rather than grabbing a rom that probably hundreds of other people are using) it should be theoretically safe to go online with that game then, right? Obviously using SX OS.
If you dump your own cartridge and use it, it appears as your cartridge and has the game's unique header. So you might be fine.
But you should never hand that dump to a friend. And if you do it nonetheless, make sure that you two are NEVER using it online at the same time.

D

Deleted User

OP
Been reading about Nintendo's new ways to detect piracy and ban accounts. If I were to dump a game myself(rather than grabbing a rom that probably hundreds of other people are using) it should be theoretically safe to go online with that game then, right? Obviously using SX OS.
Likely. But I would just wait on that. Just to be safe.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SciresM made it pretty clear that any game backup will fail verification when dumped/decrypted when it checks online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: On a bad day you hear I missed my period +2