Hacking Question Are there any teams working on a proper EmuNand?

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
To all of you who said that you can't wait any more and are just going to update, use ChoiDujour

I went from 1.0.0 to 5.1.0 and used homebrew/etc then went back down to my clean 1.0.0 then back up to 6.0.0 and am playing online currently.

Don't waste your fuses.

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i assume the problem with emunand on atmo is the same as xci loading.
it'd be done easily if they openly stole nintendos code, which they will never allow on atmosphere.
that leaves the long way around, where they have to write their own version of all the functions and services required themselves first. and that just doesn't take priority over projects and features that'd only take a few weeks of work at a time.

it may very well be the last grand feature they work in at the end.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assume the problem with emunand on atmo is the same as xci loading.
it'd be done easily if they openly stole nintendos code, which they will never allow on atmosphere.
that leaves the long way around, where they have to write their own version of all the functions and services required themselves first. and that just doesn't take priority over projects and features that'd only take a few weeks of work at a time.

it may very well be the last grand feature they work in at the end.
by that logic emunand is just a pipe dream. It doesn't make sense to make emunand the last feature as using emunand almost always becomes pointless when the cfw becomes advanced enough. look at the 3ds for example. having emunand became obsolete.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by that logic emunand is just a pipe dream. It doesn't make sense to make emunand the last feature as using emunand almost always becomes pointless when the cfw becomes advanced enough. look at the 3ds for example. having emunand became obsolete.

The 3DS needed emuNAND on account of there not being a 'permanent own' of the 3DS for a while. There was no way to take over the system on an arbitrary firmware version until arm9loaderhax came around. The 3DS needed emuNAND so as to be able to boot current games, as games built against SDKs newer than the firmware your 3DS runs will not run - even if the game is decrypted.

The Switch is different. The Switch emuNAND demand comes from a different place - the desire to pirate games without risk of ban. That's lower on the priority list for non-piracy groups, but it's coming to Atmosphere. Give it a month or so.

Last edited by blahblah,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy: uh, went out the door, owner saw me. FORGOT MY CLOTHES :tpi::rofl2::blush: +1