Are women more emotional while they are in their period?

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So this is something I have been thinking about.
From my personal experience with my past girlfriends, including my current EX there seems to be a relationship between period and emotions?

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taken from Answers.com:

Your period starts so that you are able to become pregnant. The whole point of a period is to clean out your body and to remove an egg every month so a new one can be produced. This is where the pain and cramps come from, the passing of the egg. As you can imagine, if you're dealing with this pain from 5-6 days (sometimes more depending on the woman) and constantly bleeding and throwing up, you'd be pretty irritated too. Your hormone levels are also on a roller coaster ride so that doesn't really help either with your emotions. And having to deal with that every month. Just imagine someone sticking a large pitch fork into your intestines and twisting them while your parents tell you they never loved you. That's the best way to describe the pain and emotion.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_women_become_so_emotional_when_they_have_their_periods

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To call a woman on her period "emotional" is both inconsiderate and juvenile. Although humans have harnessed the power of social interaction with verbiage and actions, basic biological functions and their ensuing physical "lashing out" is completely warranted and therefore a gosh-given right.

With that said, there is however a small group of women (or all women who on occasion) use this aforementioned "emotional" time as a crutch. There is never a wrong time for a woman to voice her opinion of the world around her, ... as there is also no wrong time for a man to do the same. End of story.

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You seriously asking this question??? I thought this was the basics of all basic knowledge of Women.
During the Pre Menstrual cycle the woman is flushing out un-used eggs and mucus, some have heavy bleeds some have dribbles.
The Hormones at this point of time are all over the place, one minute they could be smiling bouncing about the next it could be like a steam train coming for you head on, this isn't a nice thing for them to go through and can be very painful for some, take this from someone who has 2 kids and has put up with this more than 4 years, respect women for going through this and be as sympathetic as possible, I'm sure I wouldn't want to go through it so be happy us men don't :)

hakusa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
It depends on the lady, actually. But the majority of females would usually have bad moods during their periods. Some of them don't show any difference during that season. So I find it wrong when people say "*all* woman are emotional during -----"

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
From my experience with women on periods...some can become emotional, and some don't....but if you do notice that they do become more emotional during their period I would like to recommend that under no circumstances are you to tell them that....9 times out of 10...they'll be insulted and pissed

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming from a woman who has been having her period for over 16 years, there are a lot of cycles that women go through that can have an effect on their emotions. The reproductive cycle is a pretty strong one, but it varies from woman to woman as others mention.

To give a more general answer, the reasons a woman will sometimes be emotional during her period vary.

After 16+ years of bleeding from the crotch monthly, for me, those reasons are a direct result of menstruating. I usually start the cycle off on the first day of menstruation with mild to extreme cramps depending on any number of reasons from digestive regularity to hot weather. I also feel filthy and unattractive until I don't have to protect my undergarments anymore. The psychological effect of feeling filthy and unattractive can be really bad, especially in younger women, who are already vulnerable to questions of self-image.

This feeling that women know about and men don't seem to find as obvious, is made a little more clear when you see that every feminine menstrual product (tampons, pads, cleansing products) have a similar advertising message. That using the product will make you feel as clean as normal, you'll be able to participate in sports and what not with no discomfort, and that you'll be every bit as lovely as a woman who isn't on the rag.

There are other reasons for emotional sensitivity, but this is probably the biggest one. Basically, the feeling of being unclean for days at a time makes women vulnerable. The associated physical discomfort can make it worse.

Also, the situation of being hypersensitive during the menstrual period is not Premenstrual Syndrome.

The provided link doesn't have all that much to do with my explanation, but it notes some effects of menstruation on non-reproductive systems in the body.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cycle#Effect_on_other_systems

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: