Aroma WiiU environment updated to Beta 4, includes SDcafiine support.

Aroma

Since the release of the long-awaited Aroma environment for the WiiU, several WiiU homebrew devs have been hard at work to bring a breath of new life into the system with it.
Maschell, the main head behind the new environment, has just released a new update, Beta 4, which adds a slew of fixes for booting more games, more controller configs, and much much more!

Aroma Beta 4 Changelog said:

Latest changes (2022-09-19):​

Aroma updates (Download via Base Aroma)
  • Fixed opening the plugin config menu with the classic controller
  • Fixed displaying the config menu on games which run in native 1080p
  • Fixed booting into "Adventure Time" and "The Smurfs 2"
  • The region free menu can now be used with other controllers than the gamepad
  • Fixed setting the wrong country for some titles.
Other updates: (Download via Additional Plugins and Modules)
  • The SDCafiine Plugin has been released. This version has some breaking changes, make sure to read the README.
  • Updated the FTPiiU Plugin, a config menu to enable/disable the server and restrict the access has been added.
For the full changelog see the Github release page

Not only that, but another piece of homebrew that has since been highly requested for the environment, has also been added into the list of Aroma-ready homebrew apps for the WiiU. This makes it possible to apply mods and file replacement right from boot now.

If you haven't already, update your Aroma environment to the latest Beta 4, and give the new SDcafiine plugin a try.

:arrow: Source

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its changed thats great but last time I used it you would get a "-3" error if HBL couldn't be found on an SD card.
That's only if you're booting into the hbl. Change boot to system menu, and the sd card doesn't even need to be in the system.

Tur7L3

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ah that makes more sense, could have sword there was a wii u side cpu overclocking thing ages ago though.
I'm guessing a similar trick to BotW's solution could be done, using the extra RAM alocated to the system OS. However I'm pretty sure that was coded a whole lot into the game itself, and also the Wii U CPU is just very slow anyways, so.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I've just got a Wii U yesterday, still did not figured out what I'll do with it, but it is good to know that people are still using their skills and work hours on that thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection