Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DAMN YOU CRAPPY MEDIA!
I get to this one part after i get the horse and everytime i get to the loading area i get the error message about cleaning the disk. I'll have to pick up some verbatims tomorrow. stupid philips dls =(

Though so far the game is awesome, the free running couldn't feel better to use. some people were saying that there isn't a jump button in the game but there is, you hold the RT button and A and there you go, a jump! i got the hang of all the controls really quickly except for the combat, that's the only part that takes some getting used to, but when you do it's unbelievable.

I was worried that the side story with the scifi twist might ruin the game for me (i hate scifi games, movies.. i just hate the whole genre) but they couldn't have done it better. I can't wait to play more of this game when i get back from work tomorrow!

Great, now you're making me nervous because of the crappy filler discs I got in place of the Verbatim... :'(
It's finally burning now...

bah yeah I'm freaked out now. I just wasted a second DVD on F.E.A.R. Files only to have the game freeze at the same spot on me still and then it turns out it's happening to everyone...Hope this release is good..

edit: more freaked out...read on this releases comments on a private tracker that someone else is having the same problem as qusai

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes! I got past the horse part without any freezing!
Granted the 360 is being very loud and clicky while loading the data at this part, no freezing. I got up to the View Point before I stopped.

Thank god. Phew...just riding that horse was more intense than anything in this game so far, being afraid of that...

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes! I got past the horse part without any freezing!
Granted the 360 is being very loud and clicky while loading the data at this part, no freezing. I got up to the View Point before I stopped.

Thank god. Phew...just riding that horse was more intense than anything in this game so far, being afraid of that...

Riding a horse...intense?
biggrin.gif

It's about time this game was released, I've been anticipating this ever since I read about it in GameInsider last year...
I'm a little dissapointed they didn't develop a Wii version, but I've got a feeling that even they did, I'd still be dissapointed.

I'm now lucky enough to have a brother with a modded XBox 360, but with all this "acting up"...I'm reluctant to tell him that it's released, so he won't waste his time or mess up his XBox...

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I've still have CoD4 to finish (well, get the achievements), just started working on Assassin's Creed (which seems to be a truly next-gen game, especially gameplay-wise, but also visually), and TONS of older XBOX360 titles I've never played (Dead Rising, Gears of War).

I had nothing to play all year and now all these great games are popping out. Imagine if GTA4 and Splinter Cell: Conviction and weren't postponed ... O_O

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i convinced myself today to buy a xbox360...

is there a clear website that will explain me how to mod my box. I know how to get the images
tongue.gif

But i'm still 100% noob about good 360 scene websites, what is stealth, what kind of media you need to use, modchip or custom firmware etc.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
My 360 RROD yesterday.
frown.gif
Bad timing, but I probably wouldn't have played it yet anyway, I've got a ton of games I need to complete before I start something else.

Hopefully Microsoft will take my 360 back.. The warranty sticker is a bit mangled though
unsure.gif

Wowa bad luck mate
frown.gif
I feel your pain, weird how many have died the last 2-3 months (/me smells M$ scams) my 360 is still in pieces on my desk. I'm trying to find my original firmware to flash it back before sending it to M$... it's literally like finding a needle in a haystack; a single DVD from stacks of thousands
cry.gif

Are you going to flash yours back to the stock fw? Is your sticker really bad? Mine is intact but the rubber 'foot' that covers the hole you need to pop off the grey side grill part is missing.. a tell tale sign it has been opened. Guess I can swap it with one of the others so it isn't so obvious.
Either way whether it's flashed or not you may as well send it, nothing to lose!
I'm going to buy a core on Friday, get it flashed right away and just use all the stuff I have from my RRoD one on it. If the RRoD one comes back all nice and fixed I'll sell it.
I heard M$ don't check the fw as theres so many to repair, but I find it hard to believe they don't use some kind of diagnostic test to pinpoint each 360's problem quickly...
Good luck, may the firmware be with you!

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the RROD and eg games not offering console replacement plans have stoped me from buying a xbox360

hopefually they make a redesign of the system and then i will buy it

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They have. Different cpu heatsinks on the 65nm one's and a heat pipe + mini heatsink on the gpu. How ever , they still use the X-clamps (crap) and are pretty much still passively cooled (stupid).

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a bit new to this but I have a question. I have a US 360 and a US HD set. Does the fact that this release is PAL make a difference? It sounds like a dumb question, but I just don't know. I know my home DVD player has no problem playing a region free PAL disk on my tv and that is only using composite connections.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
No, in HD setups, the region doesn't matter at all. The only problem might be a region encryption on the disk itself, but thankfully, most XBOX games, including Assassin's Creed, are region-free.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, in HD setups, the region doesn't matter at all. The only problem might be a region encryption on the disk itself, but thankfully, most XBOX games, including Assassin's Creed, are region-free.
actually, I am concerned with a PAL image being displayed through a US 360 on an NTSC TV. Anyone know if this should be fine?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu