Assassins.Creed.PAL.X360-Allstars

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, in HD setups, the region doesn't matter at all. The only problem might be a region encryption on the disk itself, but thankfully, most XBOX games, including Assassin's Creed, are region-free.

actually, I am concerned with a PAL image being displayed through a US 360 on an NTSC TV. Anyone know if this should be fine?

I'm using a US 360 with an NTSC TV too, you shouldn't have any problems.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
ava_game.gif

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, in HD setups, the region doesn't matter at all. The only problem might be a region encryption on the disk itself, but thankfully, most XBOX games, including Assassin's Creed, are region-free.

actually, I am concerned with a PAL image being displayed through a US 360 on an NTSC TV. Anyone know if this should be fine?

I'm using a US 360 with an NTSC TV too, you shouldn't have any problems.
Ok, that is sort of what I figured. I do appretiate the confirmation though as I would like to avoid wasting DL disks.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so for those who've played it; did it live up to your expectations? I've heard that this turned out to be disappointing considering all the hype and so on, with pretty awkward gameplay. Is this completely off, or is there some sort of truth to it? Again, I'm waiting for the PC version, so I don't know (but it doesn't seem unreasonable given how this is a Ubisoft game, and their track record is spotty to say the least).

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My 360 RROD yesterday.
frown.gif
Bad timing, but I probably wouldn't have played it yet anyway, I've got a ton of games I need to complete before I start something else.

Hopefully Microsoft will take my 360 back.. The warranty sticker is a bit mangled though
unsure.gif

Wowa bad luck mate
frown.gif
I feel your pain, weird how many have died the last 2-3 months (/me smells M$ scams) my 360 is still in pieces on my desk. I'm trying to find my original firmware to flash it back before sending it to M$... it's literally like finding a needle in a haystack; a single DVD from stacks of thousands
cry.gif

Are you going to flash yours back to the stock fw? Is your sticker really bad? Mine is intact but the rubber 'foot' that covers the hole you need to pop off the grey side grill part is missing.. a tell tale sign it has been opened. Guess I can swap it with one of the others so it isn't so obvious.
Either way whether it's flashed or not you may as well send it, nothing to lose!
I'm going to buy a core on Friday, get it flashed right away and just use all the stuff I have from my RRoD one on it. If the RRoD one comes back all nice and fixed I'll sell it.
I heard M$ don't check the fw as theres so many to repair, but I find it hard to believe they don't use some kind of diagnostic test to pinpoint each 360's problem quickly...
Good luck, may the firmware be with you!

if you send it to ms they dont really care what youve done with it mate, a friend of mine sent his in and forgot to take his copy of halo 3 out of the drive before sending it

ms sent him a brand new benq one and the game in a sealed plastic wallet a few weeks later
rofl2.gif

yus786

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The reviews say the game gets a bit repetitive. Any truth to that?

The Australian manufacturers had some troubles so the game has officially been delayed from tomorrow to the middle of next week
frown.gif
I'll still probably pick it up.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reviews say the game gets a bit repetitive. Any truth to that?
To me it does, I went into this not living up to the hype and after an hour or so I thought it was a pretty decent game. Thats all, can't say I want to rush back to it but I will one day. After a while I did feel like I was doing the same thing over and over again and to be honest it feels a bit last gen though it is damn pretty to look at.

Ubisoft are going downhill, I was hoping that they've got it right for this game but its not enough though this is their best game for what seems like ages.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
1. Enter the city.
2. Climb some towers.
3. Beat up some citizens to gain info.
4. Go to Assassin's HQ and get the permission for the assassination.
5. Go to the villain's workplace, kill him and run.
6. Go back to The Master.

Rinse & repeat. Still, it's the story (when you're out of the Animus), that's keeping me going on.
wink.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My 360 RROD yesterday.
frown.gif
Bad timing, but I probably wouldn't have played it yet anyway, I've got a ton of games I need to complete before I start something else.

Hopefully Microsoft will take my 360 back.. The warranty sticker is a bit mangled though
unsure.gif

Wowa bad luck mate
frown.gif
I feel your pain, weird how many have died the last 2-3 months (/me smells M$ scams) my 360 is still in pieces on my desk. I'm trying to find my original firmware to flash it back before sending it to M$... it's literally like finding a needle in a haystack; a single DVD from stacks of thousands
cry.gif

Are you going to flash yours back to the stock fw? Is your sticker really bad? Mine is intact but the rubber 'foot' that covers the hole you need to pop off the grey side grill part is missing.. a tell tale sign it has been opened. Guess I can swap it with one of the others so it isn't so obvious.
Either way whether it's flashed or not you may as well send it, nothing to lose!
I'm going to buy a core on Friday, get it flashed right away and just use all the stuff I have from my RRoD one on it. If the RRoD one comes back all nice and fixed I'll sell it.
I heard M$ don't check the fw as theres so many to repair, but I find it hard to believe they don't use some kind of diagnostic test to pinpoint each 360's problem quickly...
Good luck, may the firmware be with you!

I didn't bother de-flashing it, I guess they don't bother doing a firmware check, or test pirated games!
laugh.gif
My warranty sticker is a tiny bit mangled, some of the metallic "void" part underneath the label is showing, but you have to look at it in the right light to see that... Otherwise it's in the right place and is intact... Hopefully they'll not noticed
smile.gif
Fingers crossed!
tongue.gif

UPS just picked it up dead on 17:00, they said they would collect it between 9 til 5... lol

On topic, I'm disappointed with some of the reviews Creed is getting but can't wait to play it myself as it looks mint.
smile.gif

QUOTE(yus786 @ Nov 13 2007, 11:40 PM)if you send it to ms they dont really care what youve done with it mate, a friend of mine sent his in and forgot to take his copy of halo 3 out of the drive before sending it

ms sent him a brand new benq one and the game in a sealed plastic wallet a few weeks laterÂ
rofl2.gif

yus786
rofl2.gif
That's amazing! And re-assuring
smile.gif

I delayed the pick up of mine by 1 day because I was scared I left a copied game in it..
wacko.gif

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
rofl2.gif
smile.gif

I delayed the pick up of mine by 1 day because I was scared I left a copied game in it..Â
wacko.gif
Well, in most cases you should be fine, but there are some reports (from Germany, I think?), that Microsoft actually checked the FW version and banned the console. Without repairing it.
Sorry, shouldn't post that. I'm probably scaring you for no reason.
frown.gif

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rofl2.gif
smile.gif

I delayed the pick up of mine by 1 day because I was scared I left a copied game in it..Â
wacko.gif

Well, in most cases you should be fine, but there are some reports (from Germany, I think?), that Microsoft actually checked the FW version and banned the console. Without repairing it.
This is what I've heard. They check the firmware version and if it's modified they ban the console and send it back as-is.

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mine was bought cheap and used, and if it dies, I'll buy another used console to mod. My warranty sticker disappeared somewhere in the process of flashing it. Honestly I think my cat stepped on it, it got stuck to his foot, and he carried it away somewhere.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I've finished the game an hour ago. All I can say is ... it's the biggest videogame disappointment (hope I've spelled it right) of the year. What were they thinking?

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's because everyone went apeshit for this game before it even came out, building it up in their minds.
everyone was screaming "GOTY!!" over and over when no one had even played it yet.
I personally went into it expecting nothing and found a pretty good game. It gets repetitive but it's fun still.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's because everyone went apeshit for this game before it even came out, building it up in their minds.
everyone was screaming "GOTY!!" over and over when no one had even played it yet.
I personally went into it expecting nothing and found a pretty good game. It gets repetitive but it's fun still.

Well you can also blame Ubisoft and Jade Raymond for promoting the game as if it was a messiah-esque event to behold. But people get pumped up for games like this and then feel disappointed when it doesn't do what they thought it would, then comes the hate.

I'm sure there were people that were pumped up for Mario Galaxy and who will also feel disappointed by the experience in the end (it's too easy, not enough levels, graphics not great etc etc).

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Yeah I always try avoid hype before playing a game/seeing a movie etc. It can really ruin things if you were expecting something and didn't get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HgOvEYrDc