XP
Country
Canada
Hello!

I recently received a modded OLED.

Booting both stock and emuMMC I noticed a handful of wireless issues:
- 5GHz APs are missing
- 2.4GHz APs will not connect unless incredibly close
- Despite the wireless indicator showing an AP is in range, the Switch won't connect (again, unless incredibly close)

I also have a modded V1 Switch. It has no issues with wireless and can see many more networks.
Of course, beyond the model differences, the only other factors are:
- OLED being on 16.0.0 with atmosphere 1.5.0 prerelease versus V1 15.1.0 with atmosphere 1.4.1
- The OLED being hardmodded

Given the nature of installing a modchip, is it possible the wireless radio was damaged? Is it possible a gain antennae was comprised during the process? If so, does anyone have any repair references?

While I believe it to be a hardware issue, I also wonder if it could be fw 16.0.0? Should I try downgrading? Are there other CFW configurations that may affect this? I did already test removing the atmosphere\hosts contents.

Any help is appreciated.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

- 5GHz APs are missing
- Despite the wireless indicator showing an AP is in range, the Switch won't connect (again, unless incredibly close)

I also have a modded V1 Switch. It has no issues with wireless and can see many more networks.
- OLED being on 16.0.0 with atmosphere 1.5.0 prerelease versus V1 15.1.0 with atmosphere 1.4.1

Given the nature of installing a modchip, is it possible the wireless radio was damaged? Is it possible a gain antennae was comprised during the process? If so, does anyone have any repair references?

While I believe it to be a hardware issue, I also wonder if it could be fw 16.0.0? Should I try downgrading? Are there other CFW configurations that may affect this? I did already test removing the atmosphere\hosts contents.

Any help is appreciated.

Pop it open and see if the antennae are both firmly clicked in. Might have come loose.

Check if USB 3.0mis turned on in /atmosphere/system_settings.ini (can interfere with 2.4HGHz WiFi if it’s on)

madware86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pop it open and see if the antennae are both firmly clicked in. Might have come loose.

Check if USB 3.0mis turned on in /atmosphere/system_settings.ini (can interfere with 2.4HGHz WiFi if it’s on)
Thanks for the tip!

I actually fixed my issue with the 5GHz radios.

Turns out my console is actually a Japanese model, which doesn't see 5GHz networks in the higher frequency ranges. Had to login to my router and change the channel selection to a lower one (36). It's now working seamlessly.

Will leave this thread up just in case someone else has this issue.

huriox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello!

- 5GHz APs are missing

Any help is appreciated.

Hey bro have you figured this out?
I have exactly the same issue with instinct nx v6 and happened to me in 2 skyhinix emmc consoles... weird

Last edited by huriox,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...