Atari would like you to fund Rollercoaster Tycoon on Switch

rct_switch_main.jpg

Atari are asking for investors to help fund the development of Rollercoaster Tycoon for the Nintendo Switch.

We are excited to share today that RollerCoaster Tycoon has launched an equity-based crowdfunding campaign with StartEngine to bring a new entry in the acclaimed RCT franchise to the Nintendo Switch!

How much will it cost you to back the game? Just $250! Of course, you will earn your money back, IF the game sells enough units...

What do you think about this? If a company like Atari isn't confident enough to back the game 100% entirely, why should you?
:arrow:Rollercoaster Tycoon StartEngine Campaign

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the steam version of rct 1 rct 2 and rct 3 and they all work fine on windows 10 for me

What you should do is grab the latest build of OpenRCT2 and use that instead of RCT1 and 2.

OpenRCT2 fixes a few annoyances in RCT1/RCT2 including lack of widescreen, no steam overlay since the game is software buffered (OpenRCT2 can do hardware and opengl so it can work with the overlay and run better)

OpenRCT works on Mac and Linux also and can play all RCT1 and RCT2 scenarios. This is great for Mac users since RCT3 is on Steam for Mac, thus allowing people to play all 3 games on Mac while avoiding Wine.

Reactions: Localhorst86

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When i heard they wanted to release a Ataribox i started research for buying the shares of Atari.. And to be honest it's a real bad company.. To summarize i found out that the old Atari is dead. The name and it's ip is managed by a new company that calls itself Atari.. And last year they have been dropping games like RCT on different platforms to capitalize on Nostalgia.. I checked reviews for the games and they were horrible.. I also saw people speculating on Atari trying to disturb the current console market. Well that's not going to happen. Nintendo Sony Microsoft have big logistical networks behind their consoles.. Atari wouldn't be able to deliver a great experience with the money they have. The revenue of last year alone is change for companies like Sony, Nintento & Microsoft.. Everything that Atari is dropping is a quick cashgrab don't be fooled.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's sad when game companies can't fund their own games. lol
What are publishers for if not to fund development of games by developers?
Any number of other devs have done single project funding before, trying to find Nintendo's effort for what would eventually become either the wii u or the 3ds.

What is then wrong with them trying another path?

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my friend, I'm not sure if you've seen this humble little trailer:

Tiny Metal is another game inspired by Advance Wars. Will absolutely play both. However there's different characters involved, so we'll have to see if they can match the fun quirkiness of the first three AW's. Days of Ruin was garbage though. Way too serious and overly simplistic gameplay.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tiny Metal is another game inspired by Advance Wars. Will absolutely play both. However there's different characters involved, so we'll have to see if they can match the fun quirkiness of the first three AW's.
They look good and all, but none of them seem to have anything like CO Powers. Which is a shame.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol