Atari would like you to fund Rollercoaster Tycoon on Switch

rct_switch_main.jpg

Atari are asking for investors to help fund the development of Rollercoaster Tycoon for the Nintendo Switch.

We are excited to share today that RollerCoaster Tycoon has launched an equity-based crowdfunding campaign with StartEngine to bring a new entry in the acclaimed RCT franchise to the Nintendo Switch!

How much will it cost you to back the game? Just $250! Of course, you will earn your money back, IF the game sells enough units...

What do you think about this? If a company like Atari isn't confident enough to back the game 100% entirely, why should you?
:arrow:Rollercoaster Tycoon StartEngine Campaign

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's not 100% accurate. It's 20 euro for the Platinum version, which basically adds the two expansions in it. For two extra bucks you can get the entire rct2 package with it. And finally: it's on steam, so price cuts of -75% happen regularly.
RCT3 is the one that still works nowadays, because as you said it's to the that attract people to also get the pack (of for the people that would just want the originals without the 3, they made RCT Classic), thanks to it, you , that just add to what i said, RCT3 is what fans what to RCT evolve into.
Almost no one really complain about RCT3, it was a quite perfect sequel (exept that for the time you would need a really good GPU to build big parks), so it's really stupid to not take that push the concept even forward, with just in mind "we need to do a few things better than planet coaster", not that hard really...

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't atari like a company with its own money? Why does atari expect investors to suck their dick for a mobile port like nah do it yourself and lose your own money since we know damn well no sane person ever bought rollercoaster tycoon touch

aaronz77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks like someone's internal pitch to management at Atari. I also get the feeling Atari management has a bug up their ass to launch a GoFundAnAtariGame platform. What better game to start with than everyone's favorite Roller Coaster Tycoon. But My god - as everyone else ITT has stated $750 investment and you get 25% off of the game is downright fucking disturbing!

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. However I would GLADLY donate money to Nintendo for a new Advance Wars game. Dual Strike is still my favorite strategy title ever. One less Fire Emblem in return for a new AW.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Equity based funding? This is actually much better than Kickstarter. As someone who invests in property market, stock market, and cryptos, this is a very good approach to fund something because you will get some profit.

I really don't like funding products via Kickstarter since I don't get anything back and no ownership at all.

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Irregular Use of Proceeds
We might incur Irregular Use of Proceeds that may include but are not limited to the following over $10,000: Vendor payments and salary made to one's self, a friend or relative; Any expense labeled "Administration Expenses" that is not strictly for administrative purposes; Any expense labeled "Travel and Entertainment"; Any expense that is for the purposes of inter-company debt or back payments.

This sounds weird to me.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
We might incur Irregular Use of Proceeds that may include but are not limited to the following over $10,000: Vendor payments and salary made to one's self, a friend or relative; Any expense labeled "Administration Expenses" that is not strictly for administrative purposes; Any expense labeled "Travel and Entertainment"; Any expense that is for the purposes of inter-company debt or back payments.

This sounds weird to me.
The whole thing is weird, you can already invest through stock. Though I wouldn't invest in Atari, their share price is dirt cheap and still falling after this stunt. If anyone were to consider this RCT "investment," I'd just go with 5 shares of Nintendo (NTDOY) for ~$250 instead.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
don't give them a cent atari destroyed rct after that abomination rct world. thank fuck planet coaster exists to replace them.
If I remember correct the team behind Planet Coaster is the former devs of Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 and 2.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

This sounds weird to me.

Sounds like boilerplate legalese to me. It could allow for some abuse vs a strictly earmarked donation of sorts but at the same time most of those things are day to day operations for a business.

Equity based funding? This is actually much better than Kickstarter. As someone who invests in property market, stock market, and cryptos, this is a very good approach to fund something because you will get some profit.

I really don't like funding products via Kickstarter since I don't get anything back and no ownership at all.
It has been going on for a fair few years now
https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...dfunding-equity-kickstarter-indiegogo/421473/
https://venturebeat.com/2014/03/31/equity-crowdfunding-how-it-works-and-how-to-get-in-on-the-game/

Reactions: eriol33

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/71-year-old-arrested-after-lapd-finds-nearly-3000-boxes-o...